Enthusiasm tanks....

Guest Deleted member

I feel a mixture of, blind optimism that certain players will come good, worry about the small squad size, hope that Azerbaijan will eventually fund some good signings, worry that the takeover will collapse and we'll be back to square 1 with said small squad plus a low budget, hope that we will bring in some decent loan players once the Prem clubs have finalized their squads, so all in all about 50%.

You sell a car for 10k to a bloke.

Bloke in holiday but will conclude money when back.

You decide in meantime to spend a couple hundred quid adding extras to it knowing you already sold it and won't get it back.

Reight.

FFS its not a car, its not a house, its a limited company.

A business has to continue to operate normally, it cannot just be parked in the garage covered with a dust sheet waiting for the prospective new owner to turn up (especially if it one without the necessary funds).

As soon as the fixtures are out, the enthusiasm tank topped up, I start to plan my visits. It's a busy time, things I've put off until the fixtures come out, now need rescheduling. Looking at my calendar, it's so full of trips to Sheffield, I might as well have got a season ticket. Then the summer unfolds, or rather it doesn't After the much needed clear out, the expected signings never arrive. My enthusiasm is on the wain. Well at least they'll be here for the start of pre season training. Nope. Surely we'll have them in place once the friendly matches begin, we can't possibly make the same mistakes as last season, can we? Yep, there's a week to go and still nothing. People are already talking about the January window. Jeez. Well my enthusiasm tank has completely run dry. I've managed to cajole enough mates to go to Brighton. If nothing else, it'll be a laugh. Although I've taken a week off from the 16th and was planning to take in the Derby and Millwall games, I now think I'll wait and see what happens.

Guest Rupert Ridge

Just arrived in Menorca for a week so it's gone up a bit! As for the football, we'll MM never fails does he. Unfortunately the tanker had sprung a leak when be bought it!!

Without a doubt this has been the most boring/frustrating pre season I can remember.

As a result I'm feeling a bit dis-interested in all things Sheffield Wednesday compared to where I usually am at this time of year but it doesn't really matter as I'll be there in my season ticket seat again this season and for the foreseeable future, finances and health permitting.

Y'know, no matter how enthusiastic everyone is, it won't change a thing with regards to transfers or the takeover.

So you might as well enjoy the ride when the season takes off..Thats the best thing about football, it's quite difficult to predict.

Dont kid yourself to think that you have much sort of impact.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Takeover saga has kicked it down a little. But right now i can't wait to get back to football and Hillsborough.  

Tonight will be the first time I've seen the squad this summer, so i'll let you know if the enthusiasm tanks start emptying after.

I'm just confused as to what's going on...

Have we been bought but awaiting ratification?

Are we still waiting to be bought and then the ratification process starts?

If the second bit is true then it's going to be October/November before

we know the new owners plans and we won't be able to strengthen until January

with the exception of loans.

Mine is the same it has been for the last year or so 0!

I moved away and thought I would miss it having been a season ticket holder for 15 years, but I didn't. I had planned to attend selected matches but to be honest wasn't worth it, what with DJ, wee wee poor recruitment etc. 

As it happens on the back of the HM involvement I bought a ticket for the Derby game (still to arrive BTW, the club really is poor with systems and customer service!) and wish I hadn't bothered committing to what will be a £300 weekend to watch us lose to Derby.

I thought we would have a feel good atmosphere, new signings and a squad ready and assembled, not limping through the first 10 games awaiting cast off's as we have for the last few years. 

Long term I am hopeful that this will be the dawn of a new era, but can't really be arsed to worry about it, just wait and see, if we are poo poo I won't go, if we put a decent product together on the pitch, I will attend more games. 

About 7 weeks ago I was at 90%.

Now I'm probably at about 5%

Protracted Fakeover, No new faces barring an injured Keeper, injuries to half of our squad and the bulk of our transfer targets gone elsewhere.

I am dreading the start of the season to be honest...

I'm just confused as to what's going on...

Have we been bought but awaiting ratification?

Are we still waiting to be bought and then the ratification process starts?

If the second bit is true then it's going to be October/November before

we know the new owners plans and we won't be able to strengthen until January

with the exception of loans.

Don't think anyone knows to be honest - press release waffle that tells us the square root of nowt don't help.

Mine is the same it has been for the last year or so 0!

I moved away and thought I would miss it having been a season ticket holder for 15 years, but I didn't. I had planned to attend selected matches but to be honest wasn't worth it, what with DJ, wee wee poor recruitment etc. 

As it happens on the back of the HM involvement I bought a ticket for the Derby game (still to arrive BTW, the club really is poor with systems and customer service!) and wish I hadn't bothered committing to what will be a £300 weekend to watch us lose to Derby.

I thought we would have a feel good atmosphere, new signings and a squad ready and assembled, not limping through the first 10 games awaiting cast off's as we have for the last few years. 

Long term I am hopeful that this will be the dawn of a new era, but can't really be arsed to worry about it, just wait and see, if we are poo poo I won't go, if we put a decent product together on the pitch, I will attend more games. 

Buy a eticket and print it online like I always do?

And if we don't win thats part and parcel and supporting us. Sure it took till my 7th trip to Hillsborough to see us win. :tango:

Between home and away games my record stands at:

Won  6

Drew 6

Lost 12

I've seen us lose to Cardiff 5 times at 3 different grounds :danny-wilson:

You sell a car for 10k to a bloke.

Bloke in holiday but will conclude money when back.

You decide in meantime to spend a couple hundred quid adding extras to it knowing you already sold it and won't get it back.

Reight.

Have to laugh at posts like this

Its not a car its a football club and he's the chairman, and whilst he's in charge he's got a duty to our fans to put together a competitive squad.

Nobody is wanting millions spending but the big kick of is 10 days away and we are short, very short