Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Right now it is the going rate for best League Two players. If Bournemouth were willing to spend 3m on Wilson, then it is no surprise that Hogan went for such a BIG price.

and thats also why English football is failing. We can probably get someone from abroad for cheaper and thats what we seem to be doing.

Trouble is it will be the same scenario we've been through before where any foreign players we take on will need time to adapt to England and the demands of Championship football, without the benefit of a pre-season with us. So they'll struggle to make an immediate positive impact and will be written off by half of us after 3 games.

It is for us who have only spent that sum twice in the last 15 years I believe.

It would be unusual for us to spend that sort of money no doubt. But I wouldn't see it as poor value if we spent that on Scott hogan. He's young enough to have a decent resale value regardless of how he performed, plus he'd be on next to nowt so he wouldn't be crippling us financially if it didn't work out. Personally I'd much rather see us spend a bit on someone like Hogan than Brandao who could be an expensive flop.

Guest wilyfox

SkyBet

Sheffield Wednesday are in talks to sign Blackburn striker Leon Best on a permanent deal. #swfc #brfc

Guest wilyfox

SkyBet

Leicester are reportedly ready to listen to offers for striker Chris Wood, with Wolves & a number of other Championship sides interested.

Fair enough.  But only one stat that counts for a striker, and thats goal scored.  From what he did for us last year, it suggests he'd do pretty well for us, especially when fully match fit.  I'd take a goalscorer over someone who went charging round full tilt, but not scoring.

I didn't say charging around full tilt o'grady did that i said playing full tilt, more like a Bellamy  or even a Suarez ie a constant pain in the bum for defenders but also a constant goal threat.  

If we couldn't agree personal terms with Brandao who was on 18 thou a week then not sure if Best will be too keen on our offer?!

It doesn't work like that

Blackburn will pay him his contract up, or a big percentage of it

Blackburn hope to get a fee from us, this counters their loses paying his wages up

Best with most of his next 2 years wages already in his back pocket

Knows he now has to be realistic, and takes the best offer on the table

I'd be surprised if we paid him more than 10K

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.