Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Well thats our transfer business finished then as what do you think Roger Johnson, Leon Best, Conor Wickham etc have been doing?

Roger Johnson took a pay cut to come and play for us, then played for West Ham, Connor Wickham played for us, then Leeds, then kept his parent club in the Premier League. Leon Best recovered from injury and then came to us. That's hardly sitting in your wage packet.

Letoy Lita turned down numerous loans and chances of petmenant deals (not only with us) because he wouldn't drop his wages at premier league Swansea. He had a brief spell at Brighton to put himself in the shop window and it kinda wents a bit tyts up for him

Leon beat was knocking them in in the prem and looked pretty good at that level- that is why Blackburn payed out so much for him.

Obviously he got injured.

Get a fully fit best over a full season at this level and he would get plenty of goals.

Can't believe some of the ridiculous posts in this thread.

Roger Johnson took a pay cut to come and play for us, then played for West Ham, Connor Wickham played for us, then Leeds, then kept his parent club in the Premier League. Leon Best recovered from injury and then came to us. That's hardly sitting in your wage packet.

Letoy Lita turned down numerous loans and chances of petmenant deals (not only with us) because he wouldn't drop his wages at premier league Swansea. He had a brief spell at Brighton to put himself in the shop window and it kinda wents a bit tyts up for him

I'm with you, the fact that Brighton chose to pay a fee to sign COG, instead of signing Lita on a free speaks volumes.

Leon Best is not guaranteed to get back to the levels he was at before his latest injury.

Lots of strikers depend on pace to make a yard and get a shot off or go past a man.

Once a players legs have 'gone' it's the beginning of the end, unless your one of the rare

strikers who never had pace, such as Sheringham.

I wouldn't sign Best on what I've seen of him last season

Edited by Sweet Shezza

Lita came out on record and said that only money was important to him.

So no, it isn't.

FFP is garbage. Bournemouth do not have a higher turnover than us. I refuse to accept it.

So you think that Leon Best would happily leave a 30k a week contract at Blackburn to play for 10k a week at us or any other club for that matter?

At least Lita was being totally honest.

Did they really?

I'd be surprised it they took much of a drop if any at all the reason they were on Loan & not actually signed is because they can get to play football but still keep getting there full wages.

Maybe Swansea wouldnt do that with Lita until Brighton offered to cough up majority of his wages & then Swansea only had to make a little bit up.

Guest Fedor

Leon beat was knocking them in in the prem and looked pretty good at that level- that is why Blackburn payed out so much for him.

Obviously he got injured.

Get a fully fit best over a full season at this level and he would get plenty of goals.

Can't believe some of the ridiculous posts in this thread.

34 appearances 8 goals

31 appearances 2 goals

These are the stats for Bests when he has played a decent amount of games in a season in the Championship.

It kind of makes your post ridiculous.

He doesn't score many at this level. Simple as that. Greg Halford almost has as many career goals (in more games) as a defender. People say Besty scored loads for Coventry... he didn't. 

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront. 

I don't want to slag him off but nothing he's ever produced in his career suggests he's going to score more than 10 for us next season. He hardly ever plays more than 30 games a season. 

Guest Fedor

He doesn't score many at this level. Simple as that. Greg Halford almost has as many career goals (in more games) as a defender. People say Besty scored loads for Coventry... he didn't. 

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront. 

I don't want to slag him off but nothing he's ever produced in his career suggests he's going to score more than 10 for us next season. He hardly ever plays more than 30 games a season. 

Same here I don't mind him but he is not the 15-20 goal a season player some are imagining him to be.

He has only scored 17 goals in the last 4 seasons.