Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

If being taken over is going to make a difference we need to staop looking at old players past it and players who have had a lot spent on them yet dont deliver. Not huge money but all we are being liked with is old hasbeens and Jeffers types. If we sign the likes of Andy Johnson and Keith Andrews it just confirms very little money for Grey. Just would be nice to not still have to shop at a charity shop / foodbank.

Didn't realise he'd scored that many for us ,not really into stats to make my mind up though i  just wasn't that impressed with the games i saw him play for us.

He's one of many current players who don't seem to have the desire or bravery to play at "full tilt ",the ones that do especially up front tend to look better for doing so. 

Fair enough.  But only one stat that counts for a striker, and thats goal scored.  From what he did for us last year, it suggests he'd do pretty well for us, especially when fully match fit.  I'd take a goalscorer over someone who went charging round full tilt, but not scoring.

If we sign the likes of Andy Johnson and Keith Andrews it just confirms very little money for Grey. Just would be nice to not still have to shop at a charity shop / foodbank.

You actually think Andy Johnson would be a cheap signing even at 34? Not a chance, he's not going to move here for a few k a week when his name and career prestige will get him a move to Australia/MLS/ME/Asia for a higher wage and more interesting retirement.

No Grimbarian I ment more cast offs and hasbeens after a last pay day. So either cheap or expensive on wages. No good if the player is not good enough anymore. If these are linked in case there was a possible problem with takeover I can understand but if takeover goes through and we sign the pile of poo we are being liked with then waste of time. Will be waiting till Grey gets sacked and they give new manager money or we just never get any most to compete. The Championship is now one of the best leagues in Europe. Thinking you can be competative with old hasbeens and freebies is just stupid. We need to add quality to the team we have to take us forward. If you remember under Paul Jewell we tried the old experienced players past it and it didn't work.

Also I'm saying now Leon Best will not score many goals if we sign him. He was good for Covetry in League 1. Just a player clubs have grown money at holding he was a rough diamond .

Leon Best never played for Coventry in league one and if you look at his record he's not particularly prolific at any level anyway.

Guest wilyfox

Sky Sports

Chelsea's Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo has used his Instagramaccount to announce he is returning to Middlesbrough. The 20-year-old centre-back spent the latter half of last season at the Riverside, making 14 appearances in the Championship.