Madine to play tomorrow

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Again having been there today I can't understand the abuse, two players who have been paid all year wi no prison were more criminal in Corry and McCabe.

ps the best player on the pitch was Taylor McKenzie

It's easy to say that when it's not your money/investment being thrown down the toilet. Whatever your opinion is of him, he is an 'asset'. I won't get into the argument of the value of that asset, but suffice to say that it's not zero. I don't think we have the financial clout to be giving money away.

Personally I would have booted him out of the door the minute he was sent down. Now he may still technically be a Wednesday asset ,but he`s an asset that that dosnt have any value to sell. He is about to enter last year of his contract , hasn't played a game for months ,and was woeful last season. Who in their right mind is going to offer us money for him. ? Presently he is COSTING us money because we will now be paying him again. He clearly wasn't .  wasn't up to championship level before he was sent down ,so why would anyone think he is suddenly going to score goals in this division now ?

Personally I would have booted him out of the door the minute he was sent down. Now he may still technically be a Wednesday asset ,but he`s an asset that that dosnt have any value to sell. He is about to enter last year of his contract , hasn't played a game for months ,and was woeful last season. Who in their right mind is going to offer us money for him. ? Presently he is COSTING us money because we will now be paying him again. He clearly wasn't .  wasn't up to championship level before he was sent down ,so why would anyone think he is suddenly going to score goals in this division now ?

Many just think its worth a shot to see if he will benefit under Gray as others have done. There's the rest of this season and the whole of next remaining on his contract. His value to the club is in a state of flux at the moment. The remaining games this season will have a bearing on how his value fluctuates. I'm in the wait and see camp.

The only certainty is that after a few games there will be masses of  'I told you so' threads. It's the Owlstalk way. Who'll be the smug ones remains to be seen.

All the people who have negged and abused this post, yes maybe its a bit extreme, but have you ever lost a loved one because they were punched by a drunken yob?

What if the bloke Madine hit fell over and hit his head, never woke up? Who would cheer him on the pitch then?

BTW, don't know if this bloke is serious or what, but I'm talking from PERSONAL experience

Maybe if someone asked ManWithAStick why he felt like that instead of abusing straight off?

Very sorry to hear that you have had personal experience. And yes, the victims of the assaults could have been very seriously hurt or worse.

However, two wrongs do not make a right.

Guest Big Guns

Thought you had a ticket and were going to the game ? Looks like you're just another feckin' liar !

Are you JTO66's parent (or grandparent) ? It seems you're both full of the same poo !

Go to a game on arms day are u mad

Think part of the anger may be that the ClNUT who killed Jimb's mate never got a sentence anywhere near what you might expect, so clearly justice wasn't served.

Madine has been just as stupid and luckily didn't kill anyone. His sentence was probably more in line with the offence, if still on the light side. Madine has shown himself to be a not very nice person and not very good footballer in the past couple of years, who spends more time on his ar5e than on his feet.

He has done his time and if he shows he has learnt from it then great. Here's hoping he does and comes out the other end a better person. I won't hold my breath.

I won't criticise Jim though as it was just some other idiot doing the same sort of thing that killed his best friend.

It wasn't GM though Jim, mate...!

Edited by 33

Just a comment on madines championship form, like many other strikers under dj he didn't get any service. Many on here have said niuhius lack of goals under dj was for the same reason? Why not just give him a try? What's to lose?

Just a comment on madines championship form, like many other strikers under dj he didn't get any service. Many on here have said niuhius lack of goals under dj was for the same reason? Why not just give him a try? What's to lose?

Precisely. Look at the service he got in League 1 from Treacey and Marshall compared to the poo poo from last season. We were awful

I can't wait till Madine plays, we have missed his flair, his vision, the way he loses defenders, power of his speed as he runs on to a pass, the way he shoots from outside of the box with such precision, his strength in the air as he rises like a salmon to flick on with a delicate touch. The way he traps a ball and without looking up sends a pass of such majesty.

The way some on here talk he jumps for the ball gets muscled out off it and the only way he can score is if he stands in the six yard box waiting for a pin point cross to bounce off his head.

The boy is class I tell you, class.

When he teams up with Nuhui the Championship will be ripped apart. Two class strikers in one team, I simply cannot wait.

It wasn't an apology, it was a statement of fact. Your lack of appreciation of the English language becomes more apparent with each posting.

You appear to be a very angry man. I've obviously won the argument, you've already agreed on that, so I don't see any value in continuing with this exchange. Have a nice weekend.

I hope he breaks his neck. And i'll hope it every time he steps onto the field. He's scum.

Neg away.

He's made mistakes that is for sure, but he hasn't murdered or raped anyone and he hasn't fiddled with children. Think you're over reacting to get attention.....congrats I took a bite!!