Madine to play tomorrow

No, I mean you.... Because my patience with this guy is at the end of its tether.

Hmm, that sounds the sort of attitude that got Madine into trouble, I could't give a throw about what individuals think I only want what's best for Sheffield Wednesday.

I'd better not post any more on this subject as I wouldn't want to risk your freedom...

Sorry but I don't get your gripe then ?

If you trust Gray what is your problem ? If he's good enough to be picked he will be, if he's not you can bet he will be loaned out or sold but we should at least give ourselves a chance to see if we have got a valuable asset on our hands before we give it away.

My gripe is the fact that we've already seen if we have a valuable asset on our hands and we all know that we haven't. We've all seen how poor he is in this league. People seriously think that because he's been to prison he's going to come out and be our next David Hirst. Why....? 

I bet Fergie wished Djemba Djemba would have gone out in Deansgate and chinned a Man Utd fan....

It will probably come down to two key things

- Has his attitude changed as a result of his prison experience?

- Can he improve under Gray as others have done?

We will see soon enough. Assertions either way are irrelevant until he's had the opportunity to provide the answers.

Hmm, that sounds the sort of attitude that got Madine into trouble, I could't give a throw about what individuals think I only want what's best for Sheffield Wednesday.

I'd better not post any more on this subject as I wouldn't want to risk your freedom...

I dont understand any of this post.... sorry

It will probably come down to two key things

- Has his attitude changed as a result of his prison experience?

- Can he improve under Gray as others have done?

We will see soon enough. Assertions either way are irrelevant until he's had the opportunity to provide the answers.

Exactly !

Apologies as I said I wouldn't make a further comment and have done...

?........... People seriously think that because he's been to prison he's going to come out and be our next David Hirst. Why....? 

He MIGHT turn out to to be an improvement on the old Madine. Why not just wait and see? It seems pretty certain that he's going to get the opportunity no matter what people feel anyway.

He MIGHT turn out to to be an improvement on the old Madine. Why not just wait and see? It seems pretty certain that he's going to get the opportunity no matter what people feel anyway.

He might pal. But like alluded to earlier, do you think if Djemba Djemba went prison he would come out and be the next Zidane....? 

As you said, there's nothing I can do to affect anything. I told myself that I wasn't going to post on anymore Gary Madine threads but I just cant help myself.  :ph34r:

He might pal. But like alluded to earlier, do you think if Djemba Djemba went prison he would come out and be the next Zidane....? 

As you said, there's nothing I can do to affect anything. I told myself that I wasn't going to post on anymore Gary Madine threads but I just cant help myself.  :ph34r:

Ha. Mrs Dag has just had a pop at me for being on OT AGAIN too,

So imagine ramone your head coach of swfc and in the situation gray finds himself in now, what would you do trust your skills to produce a worthwhile member of your sqaud or just get rid?

I suspect Grays hands are tied a little with this. I imagine MM/PA have told him what the score is and he has to deal with it the best he can.

If I was MM/PA, i would have axed him when he got sent down

Looking at the bare statistics suggests that Madine did flounder last season, on the face of it he played 35 matches and scored four goals – close to one goal in nine. Digging a little deeper reveals a truer picture. Madine came off the bench 20 times in those 35 appearances often with an hour or more played. Even including the fact that he started 14 league and cup games, and was only replaced five times, Madine’s average playing time was only around 40 minutes per match. Like many strikers, Madine is a confidence player and might have benefitted from an extended run of games – and then a fairer judgment could be applied to his ability to make the step up a division.

Given the stop start nature of his season Madine’s scoring record was actually far more impressive than it appears. The striker averaged a goal every 385 minutes. If you translate that into 90 minute matches that is a goal every 4.27 games. Allowing for the fact that Madine did not get many full games, or a consistent run of them, that is not a bad benchmark.

- I wrote the above in an article published shortly after his release.

I hope he breaks his neck. And i'll hope it every time he steps onto the field. He's scum.

Neg away.[/quote

Nice! What a lovely view of one of our own players

Never mind one of our players. What a lovely thought to have about another human being. If he was a badman or a rapist then fair dos