Madine to play tomorrow

Guest Big Guns

The U21's development game is at Middlewood Rd against Birmingham, kick off at 1:00pm

Is anyone going that could give us updates ? - Kivo ?

ive got my ticket this is going to be bigger than hirstys come back in that reserve game years ago

yeah, like Semedo, Lee, Mattock, Maguire and Maghoma. They weren't good enough 6 months ago either

Do you think DJ miscalculated with Ryan Lowe too. Would he have thrived under Gray?

Edited by sheffix

The only person talking sense in this thread is Vulva. His argument is based on fact rather than blind faith.

Rubbish, it's not based on fact it's based on his opinion, besides, if you've followed Wednesday for any length of time you should know by now blind faith isn't a requirement it's often compulsory FFS....

Rubbish, it's not based on fact it's based on his opinion, besides, if you've followed Wednesday for any length of time you should know by now blind faith isn't a requirement it's often compulsory FFS....

Not Rubbish

The facts are: Gary Madine in the Chmpionship - 30 appearences/3 goals - The facts say he isn't good enough. Blind faith and if/buts/maybes say he is good enough. I know which I would prefer to base my opinions on.... 

Not Rubbish

The facts are: Gary Madine in the Chmpionship - 30 appearences/3 goals - The facts say he isn't good enough. Blind faith and if/buts/maybes say he is good enough. I know which I would prefer to base my opinions on....

The fact is he also didn't get a fair run in the team, just got bit parts.

It's also a fact that many of the players thought to be rubbish at this level are know playing well and are first team regulars, surely before giving up on him we should give him a fresh chance under Gray ?

Either way, given Grays record he seems to know what he's doing so I'll leave it to him to decide what's best for SWFC as to whether Madine plays or not, if Gray thinks he's good enough it will do for me - fact !

Not Rubbish

Its based on stats then.

Stats so far suggest he has struggled. But so did Grant Holt early in his career, things can change you know.

Its Madine's final chance to prove himself, but many including the club feel it is worth giving him that chance rather than cutting him loose. There would be plenty moaning if we did that and he came back as a good Championship striker in 2 years time.

The fact is he also didn't get a fair run in the team, just got bit parts.

It's also a fact that many of the players thought to be rubbish at this level are know playing well and are first team regulars, surely before giving up on him we should give him a fresh chance under Gray ?

Either way, given Grays record he seems to know what he's doing so I'll leave it to him to decide what's best for SWFC as to whether Madine plays or not, if Gray thinks he's good enough it will do for me - fact !

Now thats rubbish - I posted the actual playing stats of Gary Madines first half season in the Championship. From August to the end of December. During that period he was on the pitch for a total of 1,054 minutes and scored 3 goals, 1 of which was a penalty. Not good enough

Guest Big Guns

Now thats rubbish - I posted the actual playing stats of Gary Madines first half season in the Championship. From August to the end of December. During that period he was on the pitch for a total of 1,054 minutes and scored 3 goals, 1 of which was a penalty. Not good enough

now djs gone every one gets a clean slate maguire semedeo and lee amongst others were poo poo under jones 

how can it hurt to give madine a chance to find out if hes good enough if he is then surely thats a good thing

Like I said, that was under Jones so to me it means nowt.

I'm prepared to trust Gray's judgment, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Tho I do think that those believing he will be back in the first team in no time and banging em in for fun are asking a little too much.

It will be nice to see us getting one of our own back to fitness for a change rather than doing it for other clubs players..

now djs gone every one gets a clean slate maguire semedeo and lee amongst others were poo poo under jones 

how can it hurt to give madine a chance to find out if hes good enough if he is then surely thats a good thing

Lee wasn't poor under Jones. He was instrumental to us picking up 40 odd points in the back end of last season. 

Semedo looked out of his depth at the start of last season and rightly dropped. So pleased for the lad that he has proved he can cut it in this league

Maguire, I couldn't tell you whether he was poor or not, dont think I saw him play under Jones....?? 

But all 3 of the above have what Gary Madine doesn't have, the right attitude to succeed. They all work hard on the pitch. If they aren't playing well, they will make sure they put a shift in. I dont think i've ever seen Gary Madine do that. When things aren't going his way he goes hiding. It was the same when we were in League One.

If he proves me wrong I will be pleasantly surprised.  

Like I said, that was under Jones so to me it means nowt.

I'm prepared to trust Gray's judgment, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Tho I do think that those believing he will be back in the first team in no time and banging em in for fun are asking a little too much.

It will be nice to see us getting one of our own back to fitness for a change rather than doing it for other clubs players..

Wow - thats right, clutch at those straws to ignore facts. 

I admire your patience with this guy I really do. I hope your patience turns out to be fruitful for you. 

Lee wasn't poor under Jones. He was instrumental to us picking up 40 odd points in the back end of last season.

Semedo looked out of his depth at the start of last season and rightly dropped. So pleased for the lad that he has proved he can cut it in this league

Maguire, I couldn't tell you whether he was poor or not, dont think I saw him play under Jones....??

But all 3 of the above have what Gary Madine doesn't have, the right attitude to succeed. They all work hard on the pitch. If they aren't playing well, they will make sure they put a shift in. I dont think i've ever seen Gary Madine do that. When things aren't going his way he goes hiding. It was the same when we were in League One.

If he proves me wrong I will be pleasantly surprised.

Do you honestly think Gray would play him if he wasn't putting the work in ?

No I dont....

Sorry but I don't get your gripe then ?

If you trust Gray what is your problem ? If he's good enough to be picked he will be, if he's not you can bet he will be loaned out or sold but we should at least give ourselves a chance to see if we have got a valuable asset on our hands before we give it away.