Don't start crying about the "wrongly disallowed goal", let's have some grace in defeat

I dont know why we feel so obliged to play him. Kirkland has done nothing wrong and someone who actually speaks to his defence wouldve helped us a great deal.

This. Kirkland wouldn't have made such a mess of the 2nd goal.

Should have started with Hutchinson too. Could have done with his fight early doors. Wouldn't have mattered so much if he'd have had to come off second half.

Better team won, sadly Gray should have held of the subs once we scored.  Left the midfield lightweight.  To be fair I'm not that bothered,  Would rather see us push on in the league to sort us out for next season.

One thing I do know from tonight.  We miss Gardner.

I was in two minds at the time. Should probably have brought on Lavery but not Nuhiu. I can see why he did it... it was a fair attempt to keep up the momentum we had built. Gambles don't always pay off. Next time it might. It happens.

We were crap. Stuart Gray made his first big mistakes tonight (been great so far overall though). Not starting Kirkland and those crazy subs after we had just scored. Didnt' understand them at all. We were awful first half but i thought we picked up a bit second half and then got the goal. Should of at least delayed the subs after scoring or taken off Afobe and Llera instead.

Agree with you that we didn't deserve to stay in the cup, still very disppointed though

Macclesfield

Rochdale

Charlton

pigs

when are we ever going to get a run like that to get to wembley again? We almost got the lowest ranked side every round pretty much.

First 30 minutes we kept letting them put the ball in the box and eventually one of them was going to bundle one in. Keeper didnt look interested for their second, just went through the motions and looked sheepish afterwards.

Its frustrating though because we did create enough chances to still be in the draw.

We bottled it in the 1st half.

Nuhiu's shot didn't cross the line.

But for christ sake we got unlucky towards the end, Hamer pulled off a worldy save & Best stopped a certain goal from Coke.

I'm gutted, like, really gutted.

But we move onwards in the league & we have to take some postives.

Now we can concentrate on staying up, getting players back fit without a back log of games.

Good luck to Charlton.

Edited by FlyingOwl

The replays were inconclusive, personally I didn't think it crossed the line but I could be wrong.The question is did we deserve to win (or even draw) that game? The answer is no. We didn't turn up, bottled it, however you want to phrase it.Charlton deserved the win so let's not pretend otherwise just because we're disappointed.

Agree 110% if that's what people are doing. Disappointing performance from us and sorry we couldn't give them a better game.

Agree re: Martinez and the subs. 

Unless Kirkland is injured it was an absolutely unfathomable decision to play the kid instead. And the subs, maybe should've held them back 5 or 10 minutes once we equalised to see if we could capitalise on the momentum.

On the bright side, we can focus on securing our survival in the league and playing the pigs for a place at Wembley would've given me a nervous breakdown.

Never crossed the line anyway.

Wood wasn't the last man on the live stream so the yellow was the right decision.

Players looked scared to make mistakes in the first half especially. The crowd are too quick to jump on the backs of the players when something goes wrong, you could hear it happen earlier.

Ahhhh the old crowds fault for an inept performance....is Dave Jones back?