Don't start crying about the "wrongly disallowed goal", let's have some grace in defeat

Guest Darkus Owlus

Don't think it was over the line

And I don't see how Gray disrespected Charlton by not starting Helan

He might have only had 30 mins left in the tank

He might have thought an Arsenal loaner forward was more likely to score

I really do, why change Kirkland to a rookie newbie keeper as well?

Why start Llera, he can't play two games that close together at his age.

He made tweeks he thought he could have got away with tonight.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

It was just all so depressingly predictable. 

I commented in the match thread that it was more like the first round of the league cup than a chance to play the pigs for a trip to Wembley. 

Flat, insipid and a bit clueless. 

The replays were inconclusive, personally I didn't think it crossed the line but I could be wrong. The question is did we deserve to win (or even draw) that game? The answer is no. We didn't turn up, bottled it, however you want to phrase it. Charlton deserved the win so let's not pretend otherwise just because we're disappointed.

It looked so far over the keeper almost couldn't stretch back to reach it.

I was in two minds at the time. Should probably have brought on Lavery but not Nuhiu. I can see why he did it... it was a fair attempt to keep up the momentum we had built. Gambles don't always pay off. Next time it might. It happens.

Would have gone for Nuhiu myself, though his hold up play helped us more.  I agree that sometimes it pays off but remember, we're Sheffield Wednesday lol

Edited by Greeton

To be honest the win at Huddersfield was more important....3 tangible points...better than hypothetical wins against Charlton & Utd....and a Wembley game.....glad we can concentrate on the league now.....think back to earlier in the season....staying up is the greatest prize this year

I really do, why change Kirkland to a rookie newbie keeper as well?

Why start Llera, he can't play two games that close together at his age.

He made tweeks he thought he could have got away with tonight.

The keeper change was based on managing Kirkland's fitness and replacing him with a more than competent keeper for cup games. It's been our strategy all season.

Llera - so who else do you start? Gooch coming back from injury, Hutchinson the same, Buxton the same

Never crossed the line anyway.

Wood wasn't the last man on the live stream so the yellow was the right decision.

Players looked scared to make mistakes in the first half especially. The crowd are too quick to jump on the backs of the players when something goes wrong, you could hear it happen earlier.

I agree, re the crowd effect. I was nervous before this one and I dare say a lot of people were. So perhaps, not surprisingly the players were a bit too? Clearly we are not Barcelona...yet. We have good days and bad days.

Edit- and on the Kirkland thing, is it not entirely possible that he needed the rest to maintain his fitness? Would have been great to start him but, maybe it just wasn't possible without undue risk to his back just thinking out loud.

Edited by themaskedowl

Guest Darkus Owlus

The keeper change was based on managing Kirkland's fitness and replacing him with a more than competent keeper for cup games. It's been our strategy all season.

Llera - so who else do you start? Gooch coming back from injury, Hutchinson the same, Buxton the same

His competency is questionable.

We don't have to have 4 at the back.