Anyone want Martinez permanently?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest Tomboss

Glad you lot are finally realising Kirkland was not that good. Said it for a good 18 months. Flapper.

wouldnt say hes "not that good" but massively overrated by some on here

Martinez - is he the finished article - no.

Has he shown that he's a quality keeper - yes.

Needs to improve in a couple of areas, but we could do a lot worse.  If, and it's a big if, we manage to sign him permanently - he could be worth a big sum in the future.

For me a keeper is a keeper.Unless you have the best in the world maybe.

We had woods but he made some right howlers and on other days saved our bacon.Like most do.

Kirkland is one of the better keepers but its not make or break.Martinez is plenty good enough.

Better outfield players are the priority and if selling Kirkland allows that then fine.

at the moment we have 2 very good keepers lets just be happy at the situation ....as for the question I would think a permanent transfer for Martinez is unlikely but a season long loan would be best for all concerned .

with our present purchasing power you're right 

what is the situation at arsenal re keepers does anyone know if this kid is loaned with a sale in mind or is he highly rated by them?

The lad has been good, but the jury is still out. Strikes me as the kind of keeper that could drop an almighty ballack at any time. The lad could develop into a top class keeper though, with a resale value.

Kirkland has been excellent, but we have been lucky with regards his injuries. If we can do a deal with Fryatt, it might not be a bad idea. Bigger picture and all that.

A fantastic double save??....you're taking the p.ss aren't you?

The second save was only required because he palmed a bread and butter shot that was straight at him, out 10 feet so they could have another go.....flaps at crosses as well

Ian is getting negged for this, but he is spot on in my opinion. He palmed the ball straight back to a Hull player. I watched it this morning on TV and it was poor. I would drop him based on that alone and bring back Kirkland. Harsh? Possibly, but it was poo and Ian is right.

Ian is getting negged for this, but he is spot on in my opinion. He palmed the ball straight back to a Hull player. I watched it this morning on TV and it was poor. I would drop him based on that alone and bring back Kirkland. Harsh? Possibly, but it was poo and Ian is right.

That's a quality bit of 'palming' that.  :biggrin:

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

A loan extension wouldn't go amiss.

But, would Arsenal want to sell him? And do we have the funds?

The answer to both questions is no.

He is only 2 years younger than Szczesny and isn't as good as he was 2 years ago, logic dictates that he won't overtake him at Arsenal. So why would they need to keep him? Provided they get a reasonable fee I think they'd let him go. Whether Milan will pay it, however, is another matter.