Anyone want Martinez permanently?

Guest JonTheOwl66

Dodgy?

Made a fantastic double save just before HT, quick off his line and won a lot of crosses from corners - in particular one in the 90th minute which he somehow managed to get to and hold onto.

He was impressive.

A fantastic double save??....you're taking the p.ss aren't you?

The second save was only required because he palmed a bread and butter shot that was straight at him, out 10 feet so they could have another go.....flaps at crosses as well

Edited by Ian

Guest Tomboss

said it 1st game after kirkalnd was dropped..... martinez is the better keeper.

Id imagine nobody on here would deny that now (apart from ian, who's probably blind)

The second save was only required because he palmed a bread and butter shot that was straight at him, out 10 feet so they could have another go.....flaps at crosses as well

People are entitled to their views - but I would disagree.  The double save was pure class with 2 strikes in rapid succession and the 2nd was an instinctive flex save.  Class act.

Think Kirkland is good too - so we are blessed with 2 decent keepers at the mo

From where I was stood behind the goal the first shot swerved in the wind and palming it away was the best he could do.

He saved the second shot whilst on the ground - regardless if whether he was at fault for letting them have another go he deserves credit for the save.

He didn't flap once today. Caught every cross he came for and was quick off his line when needed.

People are entitled to their views - but I would disagree. The double save was pure class with 2 strikes in rapid succession and the 2nd was an instinctive flex save. Class act.

Think Kirkland is good too - so we are blessed with 2 decent keepers at the mo

The first save was pushed the wrong direction into the path of their player. As a keeper you are taught not to palm a ball into that area

The second reaction was superb tho. So for me, had they scored that chance I'd have pointed the finger at him. Thankfully he did the business with the save.

From where I was stood behind the goal the first shot swerved in the wind and palming it away was the best he could do.

He saved the second shot whilst on the ground - regardless if whether he was at fault for letting them have another go he deserves credit for the save.

He didn't flap once today. Caught every cross he came for and was quick off his line when needed.

Agree with your final comment. He really seemed to command his area well and came out for things he hasn't been doing previously.

Guest GreenGoose

I'd still rather we gave Jameson a chance, would love to see a home grown lad given a chance.

You think we'd stay up with him in the net?

Serious question.

I'd agree with that - apart from i agree with Ian that he should have done better with the original shot - the 2nd save was outstanding though

I thought he looked a very confident and able keeper tbh

Guest Ponty_Owl

You think we'd stay up with him in the net?

Serious question.

Simple answer? No.

He's as injury prone as Kirkland was and struggled to make the starting lineup at virtually every club he has been loaned out to, including in the Evo-Stik leagues. It would be nice to see a Sheffield lad do well but he's simply not good enough yet and how many more years does a club hang on to a young lad before they realise he is no longer that young and hasn't developed in the way that was hoped. The remainder of this season and next season he seriously needs to get a run of games under his belt.

But he's obviously not is he didn't he have an excellent game today, and also kept a clean sheet.

Kirkland has never had an excellent game, never kept a clean sheet.

Anyway you totally missed my point.

The deal to bring Martinez in included game time, which he got.   Now the minimum game time has been met, Kirkland can come back in.

Guest GreenGoose

Simple answer? No.

He's as injury prone as Kirkland was and struggled to make the starting lineup at virtually every club he has been loaned out to, including in the Evo-Stik leagues. It would be nice to see a Sheffield lad do well but he's simply not good enough yet and how many more years does a club hang on to a young lad before they realise he is no longer that young and hasn't developed in the way that was hoped. The remainder of this season and next season he seriously needs to get a run of games under his belt.

I agree.

Interested to see what Eaton thinks.

All that matters is he did what was asked of a keeper and stopped the goal ,there in he did his job ,

Guest christheowl

Loved it the other week against Leicester when he was taking a goal kick in the last min and decided to walk over to the north and do some cheer leading  

Edited by christheowl