Anyone want Martinez permanently?

Guest JonTheOwl66

With regards to palming the ball out into a dangerous area, are you on about the free kick 1st half? Just watched it again it more or less went out for a corner, the Wigan player just kept it in. In atrocious conditions last night I think it was the right decision. I also notice Scott Carson opting to parry or punch when maybe on another day he would have caught it. Great hands from Martinez in the 2nd half with a collapsing save that could have easily skidded under him. With regards to his kicking I think his side volleys are quality, very fast and accurate and better than CK's, kicking from the floor is still a bit inconsistent.

With regards to palming the ball out into a dangerous area, are you on about the free kick 1st half? Just watched it again it more or less went out for a corner, the Wigan player just kept it in. In atrocious conditions last night I think it was the right decision. I also notice Scott Carson opting to parry or punch when maybe on another day he would have caught it. Great hands from Martinez in the 2nd half with a collapsing save that could have easily skidded under him. With regards to his kicking I think his side volleys are quality, very fast and accurate and better than CK's, kicking from the floor is still a bit inconsistent.

A very good critique

Just listening to Gray's interview on radio Sheffield. Am I watching a totally different player? Gray has said Martinez is one of the best kickers he's ever seen???

Now the lad has improved but Jesus Christ his kicking is horrific.

His kicking was affected by the elements on Wednesday but if you ever get in early and watch him warm up his kicking with both feet is very good, off the floor and the sidewinder.

His kicking was affected by the elements on Wednesday but if you ever get in early and watch him warm up his kicking with both feet is very good, off the floor and the sidewinder.

I've watched every game he's played and am astonished by the amount of balls he actually kicks out. 95% of his kicks veer to the left. In fact Wednesday was the first time I've ever seen him kick it straight - but attributed that to the wind.

How Gray can say he's one of the best kickers is beyond me.

both decent keepers ,Martinez will be costing us very little and off loading Kirkland in January could be saving us 10 grand a week.......knowing what we know about the chairman then I think that will be a big consideration in extending Martinez loan period .I just hope he spends some of it on getting a someone decent in on loan till the end of the season .