was it really this one sided vs Brighton

Does it matter? People keep seem to be preaching that the performances doesn't matter, it's the result. We managed a draw against a team virtually everyone said we was going to get battered by, a team which we did get battered by last season 3-1

A very good point

Does it matter? People keep seem to be preaching that the performances doesn't matter, it's the result. We managed a draw against a team virtually everyone said we was going to get battered by, a team which we did get battered by last season 3-1

A very good point

I was going to wait till full time before checking the result but didn't have the will power, so when I checked the half time score I was amazed I expected to be three down.

So I listened to the second half, must admit it seemed more like a loss at fulltime but I would have certainly taken a draw before the game.

Brighton dominated in large parts and played some very attractive 1 touch football. Most of their players were v comfortable on the ball. Needless to say we had to defend alot, but created chances ourselves. On the balance of play, they should have won by 3 or 4, but fair play to us - we made it difficult for them and were worth the point.

Gutted we gave away the late goal, in fact we could have been 2-0 up by that stage as we had chances to put the game beyond them

Happy with team spirit shown and tactics deployed by DJ

Aye but 3 of them came in injury time snaykz. JJ also had the most off target shot I've seen for a good while in injury time.

Can't stand the thought of him shooting, you just know it's going onto the roof, then he always looks in disbelief.

We werent going to out pass Brighton or keep the ball better than them, so its hardly surprising that they were in possession and on the attack for much of the game. We probably couldve been a goal down quite early and that wouldve changed things a lot, but it sounds as if we were quite robust for much of the game. Its not a bad way to play when going to difficult places like that.

Yes they had a lot of posession but we kept our shape well and were very well organised/hard working so they rarely got in behind us or created many clear cut chances.  Llera got caught out to a ball over the top in the first half and their striker (number 19, Argentinian lad, I think) had a one on one with Kirkland who saved brilliantly at his feet.  They had another couple of chances in the second half and of course the equaliser at the end but, as the game wore on we actually looked more likely to score than them.  Helan's pace was causing them a lot of problems down the left.

The only strange decision was to take off Coke for JJ.  Thought Coke had a very good game and we were giving as good as we got in midfield.  I thought it would have made more sense to take off Antonio who looked a bit low on confidence and gave the ball away a number of times (he did keep battling away tho).  Was also worried when McPhail went off as he brings a calmness and experience to our midfield.  

How Lua Lua did not get booked I don't know but we certainly let him know we thought he was a cheat.

The defence was good, Roger Johnson looks like a proper centre back and it was good to have Buxton back in the team.  He had a tough task against Lua Lua who is lightening quick and they were always looking to try and get him in behind Buxton but he handled him pretty well.  Also our 3 man central midfield with Semedo in the holding role provided a lot of defensive cover.

A minor point but, shows the attention to detail of our coaching staff, I liked the way we push Reda up for goal kicks etc with Helan taking up the left back spot.  We won a hell of a lot of headers like that.

Can't stand the thought of him shooting, you just know it's going onto the roof, then he always looks in disbelief.

I think once you take height into consideration it actually got further from the goal than where it started.

The only strange decision was to take off Coke for JJ.  Thought Coke had a very good game and we were giving as good as we got in midfield.  I thought it would have made more sense to take off Antonio who looked a bit low on confidence and gave the ball away a number of times (he did keep battling away tho).  Was also worried when McPhail went off as he brings a calmness and experience to our midfield.  

Not sure if it contributed but just before he went off Coke was down injured for a bit.

The man is dangerously insane,

When its on target, chances are its going in because he belts it that hard. 

But if he didnt belt it quite so hard and actually thought about where he wanted to put it, he'd probably get a lot more on target and score more goals.