Waddle on Beckham

Waddle is a fading pundit, trying to make headlines. Great player, poor manager. Probably not in the top 10000 managers even.

Beckham has been a credit to this country for years. Problem is that he suffers from the British disease. The one where anyone who is talented and successful, gets hated eventually.

I'd put Beckham in the same category as the likes of shearer

Good players but vastly over rated compared to players with true talent on the continent.

Alan Shearer is the best striker i have EVER seen.....

David Beckham is the best crosser/free kick taker i've EVER seen

Neither of these player are over-rated

Really?  Lineker was a better striker IMHO. 

My age dictates my statement.... Didn't really see all of Linekers career..... 

I wouldn't be able to agree or disagree with you opinion. I shall just accept it  :tango:

It's his opinion I'm glad he's got the balls to say what he thinks to many people in public life just come out with crowd pleasing statements, for me Beckham was brilliant in his time BUT I can hear what waddles saying, imagine if Beckham looked like Chris Morgan???????? No famous wife, no good looks, no brand, no aftershave, no pants, no hair products, no merchandise, massive clubs wouldn't have been a plenty, for me Waddle was a better player( more skill more tricks better with both feet)

The finest Wednesday player I have ever seen. The way he played in the 92/93 when he was the only player in ours and Sheffield football history to be crowned Football of the Year he reached heights like no other Wednesday player I have ever seen. I even once travelled overr night to meet some mates in Falkirk when he made his debut there and had the pleasure of having a few drinks with him in the boardroom after. Top player and top bloke.

1000 though Chris? He has plenty in his account so I will ignore it/let him off but to put in context he is saying that for every season of the Premiership each club has had at least TWO players he considers better than Beckham. Not true that is it?

The finest Wednesday player I have ever seen. The way he played in the 92/93 when he was the only player in ours and Sheffield football history to be crowned Football of the Year he reached heights like no other Wednesday player I have ever seen. I even once travelled overr night to meet some mates in Falkirk when he made his debut there and had the pleasure of having a few drinks with him in the boardroom after. Top player and top bloke.

1000 though Chris? He has plenty in his account so I will ignore it/let him off but to put in context he is saying that for every season of the Premiership each club has had at least TWO players he considers better than Beckham. Not true that is it?

My eyes hurt :ghoulguy:

Not sure about that. I know what you mean but Shearers goal scoring was just constant. An absolute talisman.

Beckham wasn't blessed with pace or trickery and maybe there are a thousand more exciting players than him, but his dedication, professionalism, work rate and desire alone puts him up there at least as a model professional footballer.

Not to mention the fact his passing, vision and free kicks could quite literally win games on their own.

He single handedly dragged teams to a victory at every level. He was a fantastic player.

Completely agree with this

Not sure about that. I know what you mean but Shearers goal scoring was just constant. An absolute talisman.

Beckham wasn't blessed with pace or trickery and maybe there are a thousand more exciting players than him, but his dedication, professionalism, work rate and desire alone puts him up there at least as a model professional footballer.

Not to mention the fact his passing, vision and free kicks could quite literally win games on their own.

He single handedly dragged teams to a victory at every level. He was a fantastic player.

I'd say if you chose a Man Utd midfield which had Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Beckham, Beckham would be 4 choice every time. The other 3 were light years ahead of him in terms of both workrate and talent. Vastly overrated, but had a brilliant publicity machine behind him, which for 10 years shoved him down our throats at every given opportunity. Every time you read a newspaper or turned the TV on he was thrust on you, and I think eventually, everybody believed the spin that his wife's publicity machine was dishing out at every given opportunity. He wasn't fit to lace Tony Currie's (for example) boots, and I think if they'd been playing at the same time, Shezza would have proved a better player than Beckham.

Good but not great, v sensible assessment. Will get lots of other 'footballing folks' giving the same assessment once the media b....cks and  fuss dies down.

Far too slow on the ball to fit in with Ferguson's fast counter attacking style, so he went.

Would have made Wednesdays's first team squad in '63/63, but def. not Catterick's first pick. Or made a decent winger for the Wednesday team in '93.

But would have never been picked in front of Waddle in the Waddle squad. No way Josephine.

Cheers