Rodri gone! (OFFICIAL)

I agree. No doubt will be smashing goals in in La Liga - the Wednesday way of turning potentially good players pap!

Not really fair - there's no reason he'll go back to La Liga first division and start smashing goals in. He struggled to score for Barcelona B despite plenty of opportunity in a division weaker than our championship. 

His only really outstanding season was for Seville B in the Spanish 3rd tier.

Loved the buzz around the place when he signed up.

Loved that game vs Birmingham, really thought we found a gem and pulled off an amazing signing.

Unfortunately it wasn't to be, not the lads fault, spanish football is obviously completely different to the English game, especially at championship level.

If we had all the time in the world to wait for him to adjust, I'm sure he'd of been a great player for us. But we don't have the time to wait.

Best of luck to him, he's no Messi but he'll be just fine with some Spanish team.

seconded

great shame it didn't work out. will always remember how excited we all were when he signed, not to mention when he scored a goal against brum!! remember gloating to my prem supporting mates how we had a gem on our hands.

sad it hasn't worked out as said before, all the best.

@CraigSWFC: Rodri leaves Hillsborough 21 years to the day that Cantona had his infamous trial at the Arena. Surely not again...? #swfc

that's creepy

remember going to the Birmingham game and being filled with hope and seeing that performace which was one of the best ive seen in an swfc shirt.

Went to Leeds Fest the day after and even with all the bands there all i wanted to sing was OLE OLE OLE OLE RODRI

Shame it didn't work out. I don't believe it has anything to do with attitude or work rate, i think it's simply he didn't settle in Sheffield and couldn't learn English...never mind Yorkshire.

He looked pretty good against Brum but failed to impress in his other games, however, the team were in a bad run of form and low on confidence.

He's clearly talented, and has enough for Barca to have brought him in the first place.

Good luck to him.