ROB JONES GONE

Guest wilyfox

i won't forget his performance away at Leyton Orient; immense! i hope this turns out to be the right decision, because we're letting a very good servant walk out the door. Gardner may prove a cut above and Llera is better on the ball, but Rob Jones is more solid defensively than Beevers or Reda at centre-half.

Top bloke Rob, he rented accomodation just above our house in Kingswood Hall, and he'd often go for a stroll past our house, I bumped into him a few times while out with the dog, he always had the time to stop and chat, and his love for Wednesday shone through.

Good luck Rob, and thanks for the memories.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

i won't forget his performance away at Leyton Orient; immense! i hope this turns out to be the right decision, because we're letting a very good servant walk out the door. Gardner may prove a cut above and Llera is better on the ball, but Rob Jones is more solid defensively than Beevers or Reda at centre-half.

Was deemed not good enough for Scod canyonhorpe in the Championship and is only getting older. His weaknesses, speed and ability on the ball, would only have been exposed this year. I think it was the only decision. Even if we look fragile at times at the back without him, I'm pretty certain he isn't the answer.

The big guy got us out of a hole when he first came to the club and added some much needed stability alongside Batth. I think he found his level in League One and will do somebody a sound job if he ends up back in that division. A real leader who was not just in it for himself but was a proper club man who could mix it when called upon. Anyone who doesn't wish Rob all the best clearly is not a fan of our beloved club.

Go for it big man!

Very underrated I would say. Did all ghat could be asked of him in the first 2/3 of the season. That along with his goals made him one of the best performers for me during that spell.

We are well covered in that position though so glad he can now be playing regularly again as I think he'd take that even over staying at his beloved Wednesday.

Edit: bloody Iphone

Edited by swfc-dan

You need proper pros like Rob Jones when you are down in League One and I mean that with the greatest of respect.

Someone who will roll their sleeves up, get on with it, take no sh*t and give you 100 percent commitment every time.

A pivotal member of our club for the last few seasons and I wish him all the best in the future.

Who knows how close we came to going down before he came in on loan with baath.

True leader and will always be well thought of.

Even had £5 on him at 25-1 against Rochdale for the first goal.

I had a bet on Jones and 1-0 that day. Prutton's volley cost me £670. Only owl in the ground that didn't celebrate!

Good luck to Jones. Has been a great committed player whilst here. Nice to read so many good things when someone is leaving for once.

Best moment of Rob's Wednesday career was in Portugal against Lisbon when he was warming up and was shouted over by a very attractive young blonde lass for photos and autographs he must have felt like all his birthdays had come at once!

Got talking to that lass the night after and she was a Hibernian fan and had gone just to see him!! lucky boy Rob you MASSIVE dark horse lol

Many thanks for all your hard work Rob and all the best for the future. You can leave with your head held high knowing you have the appreciation of the fans and that you are welcome back anytime.