ROB JONES GONE

I will always hold Rob Jones in high regard, his attitude both on and off the pitch was second to none, a top pro who never gave anything less than 100%. It was a pivotal moment when Megson bought him in to shore up the defence at the end of the 10/11 season, just what the Doctor ordered.

The only positive I can take from him leaving now, is that he leaves on a high note. I would have hated to see him hounded by sections of the crowd due to a few dodgy performances against strikers who are at a whole new level compared to league 1.

Agree with this, best of luck for the future, many thanks for all of your efforts in the side that was really struggling and the side that won promotion, a true leader!!

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Will never forget him coming over with his kids to address the Kop after the Wycombe game.

Great pro, on and off the field.

Good luck, Rob.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

An absolute legend, if every player that has previously been here just for what they can take out of the club, had contributed like he has in his 2 years we'd be Champions of Europe (slight exaggeration but you know what I'm saying). I am truly sorry to see him go. If the current squad take one thing from him I would ask them to replicate his commitment to the cause that is SWFC. I am genuinely gutted to see him go after what he has contributed to this club and last season.

I wish him nothing but success with Donny and sincerely hope he achieves everything he wants to in the time he has left in the game. Will miss you big fella!!!

Rob Jones - Hero, Leader, Legend, Role Model and true flipping Wednesday Warrior!!!!!

Edited by OneDavidHirst

Best moment of Rob's Wednesday career was in Portugal against Lisbon when he was warming up and was shouted over by a very attractive young blonde lass for photos and autographs he must have felt like all his birthdays had come at once!

Got talking to that lass the night after and she was a Hibernian fan and had gone just to see him!! lucky boy Rob you MASSIVE dark horse lol

I bet he's got a rayt length on him, like one of those big test tubes.

All the best Rob The Horse.