ROB JONES GONE

Guest Dani B Donny Owl

Good Luck Rob, all the best for the future and thank you for helping get the Massive back into the Champioinship

I will always hold Rob Jones in high regard, his attitude both on and off the pitch was second to none, a top pro who never gave anything less than 100%. It was a pivotal moment when Megson bought him in to shore up the defence at the end of the 10/11 season, just what the Doctor ordered.

The only positive I can take from him leaving now, is that he leaves on a high note. I would have hated to see him hounded by sections of the crowd due to a few dodgy performances against strikers who are at a whole new level compared to league 1.

I will always hold Rob Jones in high regard, his attitude both on and off the pitch was second to none, a top pro who never gave anything less than 100%. It was a pivotal moment when Megson bought him in to shore up the defence at the end of the 10/11 season, just what the Doctor ordered.

The only positive I can take from him leaving now, is that he leaves on a high note. I would have hated to see him hounded by sections of the crowd due to a few dodgy performances against strikers who are at a whole new level compared to league 1.

^^^^^^^

This

Good point that last but. It's always nice when a player leaves in this way as opposed to bring hounded out.

I'd hope we could let RJ see this thread so he can see the gratitude towards him for his endeavours.

Guest Reneowlsup

Best of luck to him. A top pro who never failed to give anything less than his best.

Thanks for coming in and steadying up the defence at the end of the 2010/2011 season and essentially steering us away from relegation.

Also a big thanks for leading the team on and off the pitch in our promotion winning team last season.

Rob will have a warm place in all of our hearts, and rightly so.

Jones, Bullen and Coughlan are the top three defenders (in terms of passion, determination and general leadership) at the club over the last 10 years in my mind.

Good luck Rob and thank you.