Don't celebrate yet... it might end up with egg on your face...

I didn't think we'd get automatic. Even in the lead up to the last game I was keeping my powder dry so as not to jinx it.

I was sure the pigs would finally put their playoffs demon to bed. So didn't give em any stick. Just played it cool and slipped the odd dig in about crowd size etc.

I do feel I missed out on the fun a little bit, but the nagging doubt in the back of my mind had I not acted the way I did would have ruined any fun I had.

Neil, you were right all along. Never should have doubted you. What a rumbleing incredible season. It's been a pleasure to share it with you all on here. We are gonna have to go some to top it.

I think all the smug Happy clapping t0$$€rs that "knew" we were going up all season should all post - I told you so!

I'll start, having continually stuck by my "be reyt, we're going up, believe you me" mantra since day one...

I told you so!

Me too...who kept saying in Febuary that the season's isn't decided until April?

Reserve Team Player

Sheffield Wednesday Fan

161 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Of course it's not over. It's a grim result to take in, given the circumstances, but the rule is be cool. A lot can happen in three games and choking on the finish line is second nature to the Breath Monsters. I'm recalling 1968 with some measure of hilarity on that score.

Still think a tactical pie adjustment be in order (said to no-one in particular).

Well, I'm entitled to be a smug b@stard, anyway (see above post, made in the midst of the "when do you think the playoff tickets will go on sale" lament after the 1-1 draw with Colchester). Note that JBA's inspired choice of Meat & Potato pie, however, later rocketed us to success and I always respect his experience on that score although we do not and will not always see pie to pie.

It's been a fantastic season but nowhere near as good as our 1993 FA Cup winning season. I'd left Wembley five minutes from the end to start celebrating in the boozer because I just knew we'd win the penalty shoot-out.

Woah! You nearly got me, you mischievous scamp, you!

It's been a great season.

And here's the main reason for me.

My son is 17 and this year he has seen a Sheffield Wednesday that he never new existed.

All those years of me telling him "honestly, keep the faith, when it's good it's the best thing ever" have finally bore fruit.

We've had a rumbleing ball this season and he is now hooked for life.

ok, i'll admit that after the chezzie game i had lost faith

couldn't even see us making the play-offs

but flip me, did MM put that one right

bestest ever season, what a rollercoaster ride that will live long in the memory of happy bunny

it's great to be an owl

Don't celebrate JUST yet people...

After all we don't want to end up with egg on our faces

You never know what might happen

I'd wait until Wednesday win the Champions League before having ANY kind of fun

*copyright miserable Owlstalkers all through one of the best seasons in our lifetime*

IDIOTS

I was with you all the way. Even when I thought it looked like a play off place, I still never doubted we would in up. I still gave it both barrels to the blunts. In the times of early kick offs when we went 2nd for 2 hours I gave them loads, I recieved dogs abuse everytime they went back above us. But he who laughs last laughs loudest and boy did I laugh :tango: :tango: :tango:

I believed after the Huddersfield away game and never doubted we would go up. I apologise for my reaction to the "what if we don't go up" brigade but it was doom and gloom on here after the Colchester game. I really did believe it, and it isn't through experience either as I'm 50 and have seen some poo in my time. Our time has come again and I wouldn't be suprised with back to back promotions if the right people are brought in. BELIEVE!

Four points clear with three games to go? Fooked it up!

Play for pens in the final and opponents miss the first three? Fooked it up!

Meanwhile whats that MASSIVE thing pushing past? Oh God its our nearest and most hated rivals!

You really couldn't have written better yourself Niel!!!!