Club need to target The Uni and Hallam

Farrell you're a prat - both my kids have huge debt now hanging over them and you've no idea the work involved to get their degrees .

Thankfully they are both Owls and are now season ticket holders and yes they did enjoy Uni ,worked p/t and voluntarily for a while and surprisingly learnt to wash .

I thought idiots like you were confined to the pigsty , but obviously not .

:ghoulguy::biggrin:

It was Owlstalk humour mate, calm down.

PS Bet they wear dungarees and are very in touch with the working classes.

Sheffield Uni have been selling Wednesday tickets to their students and staff for the last 2 seasons at £6 each.

It's very poorly advertised and the uptake is usually about 25 tickets per match.

WTF!! I work at the university and don't know nothing about it!

WTF!! I work at the university and don't know nothing about it!

Just go to the box office at the Students Union during the week before each game, show them your staff or student ID and a £6 ticket is yours.

They're only available during term time, and because of the low uptake Wednesday sometimes forget to send them but all it needs is a phone call to SWFC and they are usually there the next day.

This was something that LS started as the pigs were doing the same (in fact they still are) and there's no reason to think that it wont be continued next season.

Guest bungledinho

Students have a lot of disposable cash, and most who live in halls or away from home find that saturday and sunday are the worst days of the week for boredom, so throw a ticket offer their way and they'll come in their numbers. When i studied at Walsall there were loads of students who were itching for football, but wolves was impossible to get a ticket for and walsall was £20 quid, so no one bothered. I imagine the case is much better in a much bigger and better city with more universities. Who knows, maybe some of them will remain fans when they leave university?

The reason i moved upto Sheffield in the first place was to go to uni, (sadly it didn't happen at the time) but I left an Owl and have been since 2002! (woo first generation owl!)

Students have a lot of disposable cash, and most who live in halls or away from home find that saturday and sunday are the worst days of the week for boredom, so throw a ticket offer their way and they'll come in their numbers. When i studied at Walsall there were loads of students who were itching for football, but wolves was impossible to get a ticket for and walsall was £20 quid, so no one bothered. I imagine the case is much better in a much bigger and better city with more universities. Who knows, maybe some of them will remain fans when they leave university?

Oh how i wish that was the case.

Oh how i wish that was the case.

May just depend on the course and the uni and all that. I did PE at wolves and me and all the lads always had some dosh in our pockets (paying for it now though with the student overdraft no longer carrying me!) I lived with a norwich fan, chelsea fan and newcastle fan, and we would have gone to a lot more walsall games on a spur of the moment (if going to watch wednesday wasnt on the cards of course!) if they'd had a student ticket offer, and thats with the bescott being as crap and as lifeless as it is!

I've got a few mates at Sheff Uni and Hallam and they all chose Wednesday this season regardless. One of my mates' accommodation is near Brammal Lane too but he still chose Hillsborough.

But also agree with the OP, a few offers and it'll be no contest. Yeovil or Leeds?

In united's hotel? lol

Guest bungledinho

Some students do have cash, it depends on how student finances assess them. As I'm classed as a mature student, I get the full whack as it's only assessed on what my income would be. I still work during the hols and every second weekend just to get a bit extra. It's more about budgeting what you get. If i was at uni in Sheffield then I'd defo have a season ticket.

Not just the students, not just the kids... We need to target the floating fans as well (because they do exist).

A guy I know through work has a brother who is an Everton fan living in Sheffield. He's been to the lane a few times "because it's nearer than Hillsborough". I don't know what sort of advertising the club do in the local media as I live in London, but we should be aiming to get people like this along to S6 (possibly a much easier task now we're a division above united).

Don't go upsetting the old fogeys who queued behind me on the Kop, for a pie, versus Huddersfield.

They prefer smaller crowds and weren't that bothered if we didn't go up.

At least they could park nearer the ground, and you don't have to put up with all these part timers nicking their seats.

Seriously!

Don't go upsetting the old fogeys who queued behind me on the Kop, for a pie, versus Huddersfield.

They prefer smaller crowds and weren't that bothered if we didn't go up.

At least they could park nearer the ground, and you don't have to put up with all these part timers nicking their seats.

Seriously!

They can go and watch united if they like small crowds. Or FC.

Im at Hallam and there is litterally no mention of SWFC at all, yet you can buy bloody Blunts tickets from the union !!!

4/5 of them were going to the Stain week in week out last year until i converted a couple of them, but the others would still rather go to the Blunts as they live closer and the tram / taxi is a rip off.

Turned a couple of them into fully fledged Owls though so thats good, Coventry fan in my class prefers us as weve "got better chants & a better stadium".

:biggrin:

I work for the local care trust (SHSC) and 100's of free red tickets pass our way...unfortunatly very few blue tickets pass our way

this isnt a good thing by the way

I agree with ya Shaun, but its how SUFC got in the mess in the first place - 000's of fans and free tickets. But thing is, how many show up nowadays? In the long-run it doesn't work, I do think hillsborough is a better ground/has better fans but at the same time - would those people add to the atmosphere? It'd be a nightmare having rows and rows of quiet people at the game. More importantly, would they come back and pay? Middle of a recession.. not cheap. (Not just applying it to students, but to the general population).

Also, giving lots of tickets away to games devalues a season ticket - maybe one game, possibly two could be done. Especially with students. Make it on a tuesday night playing Peterborough or something...

Edited by tom