Club need to target The Uni and Hallam

get big flip off banners all over the place offering Championship football. Get some more punters in

good shout darra

for a couple of years they manage to con student visitors - we should now get proactive

Guest York-owl-chris

I've got a few mates at Sheff Uni and Hallam and they all chose Wednesday this season regardless. One of my mates' accommodation is near Brammal Lane too but he still chose Hillsborough.

But also agree with the OP, a few offers and it'll be no contest. Yeovil or Leeds?

Not just the students, we need to be targeting Sheffield's kids. Get free tickets sent to schools across the city and get them down to Hillsborough.

Good shout

Make-It-So-776665.jpg

Students have a lot of disposable cash, and most who live in halls or away from home find that saturday and sunday are the worst days of the week for boredom, so throw a ticket offer their way and they'll come in their numbers. When i studied at Walsall there were loads of students who were itching for football, but wolves was impossible to get a ticket for and walsall was £20 quid, so no one bothered. I imagine the case is much better in a much bigger and better city with more universities. Who knows, maybe some of them will remain fans when they leave university?

Guest on the band wagon

yes get the students in but as said also target the kids, we are on the up, get them interested now, they are more likely to stick with us as the students will move on

yes get the students in but as said also target the kids, we are on the up, get them interested now, they are more likely to stick with us as the students will move on

Sheffield has the highest rate of students staying in the city when their course has finished in the country

Do we really need a load of soap-dodging layabout scroungers turning up at Hillsborough and expecting to get in for a quid ?

If we do have to put up with them, could they not be housed in the North West corner with the unemployed, away from the proper fans ?

Edited by Mr Farrell

It should generally be cheaper for kids and young adults (16-18) to get to matches. Our prices are pretty good in this area.

The problem, I think is nt so much price, but that students can sit in the pub in a Saturday watching the midday kick off, then soccer Saturday, then the evening kick off while having a few beers and some food.

We should be doing more to try and entice students to come and watch us but I don't think for this group we will get them on pricing.

Do we really need a load of soap-dodging layabout scroungers turning up at Hillsborough and expecting to get in for a quid ?

If we do have to put up with them, could they not be housed in the North West corner with the unemployed, away from the proper fans ?

wouldn't you feel a bit crowded in there Mr Farrell :biggrin:

wouldn't you feel a bit crowded in there Mr Farrell :biggrin:

I'm all for equality and non-discrimination me.

As long as they don't moan about how small their student grant is, and how difficult it is to hand in 2 essays a year, I'd tolerate them.

:biggrin:

PS the first one saying "students are really feeling the pinch" gets a kicking.

PPS Any with bizarre speech impediments, or freaky dental deformities or both should be denied entry to the ground.

Farrell you're a prat - both my kids have huge debt now hanging over them and you've no idea the work involved to get their degrees .

Thankfully they are both Owls and are now season ticket holders and yes they did enjoy Uni ,worked p/t and voluntarily for a while and surprisingly learnt to wash .

I thought idiots like you were confined to the pigsty , but obviously not .

Farrell you're a prat - both my kids have huge debt now hanging over them and you've no idea the work involved to get their degrees .

Thankfully they are both Owls and are now season ticket holders and yes they did enjoy Uni ,worked p/t and voluntarily for a while and surprisingly learnt to wash .

I thought idiots like you were confined to the pigsty , but obviously not .

I think he were a bit tongue in cheek mate