Club need to target The Uni and Hallam

I don't think targetting students is the best way to get regular supporters. after all they're just medium term vistitors to the city. We should be aiming at groups who will still be in the city in say ten years time.

The trouble is with cheap tickets people come to expect it and then won't go when they have pay the full price. It's a difficult descision to make as you can upset the season ticket holders as their tickets become devalued to a point.

The only real way of getting people through the turnstiles is either very cheap tickets for everyone or real success on the field.

I think Wednesday had it about right last season. Even though I would like to see cheaper prices for kids.

read that 5 times and I dont get your point?

Sorry, meant how it hasn't worked for SUFC in the past giving tickets away to the general population - It could work for students, but if it was kept specifically for students.

Like this idea, here's a few more suggestions to entice students.

1) Offer free laundry service on match day's when students pre book their tickets. Be ready when game finishes or for half season / season ticket holders.

2) Should really team up with network rail to offer discounts on rail tickets with ticket purchases bit like fast food places do on back of cinema tickets.

3) Free shuttle bus going from university campus's around the city with a valid ticket.

If its true that a scheme is in place but its not well publicised, then maybe thats something John McClure could help with. John frontman with Reverand and the Makers, an avid Owl could even enlist some of our other famous music fans to put their name to the scheme. Perhaps in that way, to students it might seem cooler and they'll be more likely to get involved Once there, I'm sure we can get em hooked