Give Jones time

Thought I would do this now because I can see it now at how fickle our fans can be and football is in general that if we lose tonight there will be Jones out threads left right and centre. It is going to take more than 13 games to sort our team out and to change the way they have been use to playing football ie the Megson way. So lets not have any rediculous threads tonight slating Jones because if you seriously think he can work miracles in such a short time than your more mental than I am lol. Lets get behind the team and Dave jones and help the team bring back 3 points from S6 tonight....COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

Thought I would do this now because I can see it now at how fickle our fans can be and football is in general that if we lose tonight there will be Jones out threads left right and centre. It is going to take more than 13 games to sort our team out and to change the way they have been use to playing football ie the Megson way. So lets not have any rediculous threads tonight slating Jones because if you seriously think he can work miracles in such a short time than your more mental than I am lol. Lets get behind the team and Dave jones and help the team bring back 3 points from S6 tonight....COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

This

:tango:

The only problem is, we cannot afford to give him time if we're going to achieve the aim of promotion this season. We do however need to get right behind him and the team because they're going to have to hit the ground running straight away.

I remain optimistic for the rest of this season; the squad is capable and the manager is certainly capable.

MM clearly thinkg that immediate miracles are possible or he wouldn't have got rid of Megson with 13 games to go.

Jones needs to win 9 of the remaining games and that probably means all our home games have to be wins.

DJ is in for a very short honey moon. I reckon the first 20 minutes tonight will be crucial.

If he'd started in the summer I would have been prepared to give him time, and in the long run I'm sure I will but the very nature of his appointment in order to aim for promotion this year, which we may well have achieved under Megson, means he will either get us up or be viewed as a failure. Not his fault I admit but the timing of his appointment for non-football reasons has remove the leniency he would get for a wobbly start from me normally.

id give him time, id have given Megson time,i even wanted to give Laws more time.

Mandaric has brought him in to get promotion - id say time is something he doesnt have. from a momentum point of view, its important we get a win, however it comes about.

guarantee there will be at least one thread, regardless of the result, from a poster here to say how they were right about sacking megson/not sacking megson.

He has a 3 1/2 year contract ...................... why won't he be given time? :milan:

Length of contracts mean nothing. They are there so a manager at least knows he has some good compensation coming if things don't work out. Also its irrelevant what we think or say as MM is in charge so he may only be in charge for 13 games if we don't achieve promotion.

You know what, i was flippinggutted last week when Megson got the boot, and i was pretty annoyed at Milan for it all. But since then the dust has settled, and it's clear something had to be done. The more i think about it, the more I think Dave Jones is actually a pretty good appointment- we'd have been delighted if he was hired after Irvine.

The timing is crazy, but football is a fast moving business and you have to act quickly guess.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Until the end of the season... if he gets promotion good, if he doesn't then it's a fail as there's every chance the manager he replaced would have... and was building something special, so to replace him he HAS to better what GM would have done this season otherwise what was the point AND it's MM's stated reason for bringing him in.

That's the only measure as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

He's got 12 games, plus play offs if needed.

Milan says promotion is the aim this season and thats the reason why the previous manager was sacked (of course it wasn't) so Dave Jones will be judged accordingly.

Hope he does it.

I was a patient fan

I thought Megson should have been given time but **** it I've since joined the I want success now club.

No promotion then he can do one!!

I'm also joining the "I want it all... and I want it now" club. Afterall, we should follow our chairmans lead.

You know what, i was flippinggutted last week when Megson got the boot, and i was pretty annoyed at Milan for it all. But since then the dust has settled, and it's clear something had to be done. The more i think about it, the more I think Dave Jones is actually a pretty good appointment- we'd have been delighted if he was hired after Irvine.

The timing is crazy, but football is a fast moving business and you have to act quickly guess.

This. Although you WILL be tarnished as a Megson hater for it!

The appointment of Jones as Manager would have been seen as a masterstroke at anytime except 12 games from the end of a promotion chasing season. Now he has got to get us promoted or be branded a failure, otherwise what would be the point of getting rid of the old Manager now? may as well have waited until end of May. A lot of pressure now on his shoulders, lets hope he is big enough to carry the load. We can lessen the burden by giving our wholehearted support, so lets get behind the lads from tonight.