Give Jones time

Check the stats(facts) since Marshall and Tavernier have left.

I don't need to mate, i believe in this team if they can galvanise to win what is the biggest game of the season, against the form team of the division the can do it again and again!

Guest sjroberts

If we sack a manager that was relatively on course for promotion, then surely we cant be giving yet another manager "time". Its do or die im afraid or failed mission!

I don't need to mate, i believe in this team if they can galvanise to win what is the biggest game of the season, against the form team of the division the can do it again and again!

I agree. I was just pointing out that it's not the same team which has got us to where we are.

One game and one win doesn't make it a good squad. Oz Owl, how many times have you seen Wednesday this season?

I never at one moment said one man makes a squad. What I will say is, Marshall, Madine, Batth and Semedo are the main reasons we are where we are. We've lost the first, the second has lost himself, the third isn't ours and we don't know if we'll be able to retain him, and the fourth needs some quality around him to have full effect.

So that's 1 out of three reasons, your second is speculation and how does it matter if they are ours, how does that work in this division?

If we sack a manager that was relatively on course for promotion, then surely we cant be giving yet another manager "time". Its do or die im afraid or failed mission!

What a load of gonads!

Martin O'neal turned a team around in one game....FACT!

It can be done.

I can't agree with this. Every game is different. It's great that they got themselves up for the United game and performed in that atmosphere. But it's my opinion that any pro with balls should thrive in a game like that. In many ways, it's harder to get yourself up for Bury on a Tuesday night in front of half the crowd, or win after a long trip down to Exeter. To say that they won against United so should be able to do so over and over again, completely misses the point regarding the uniqueness of that game, and the different difficulties that the other 44 games a season present.

Thought I would do this now because I can see it now at how fickle our fans can be and football is in general that if we lose tonight there will be Jones out threads left right and centre. It is going to take more than 13 games to sort our team out and to change the way they have been use to playing football ie the Megson way. So lets not have any rediculous threads tonight slating Jones because if you seriously think he can work miracles in such a short time than your more mental than I am lol. Lets get behind the team and Dave jones and help the team bring back 3 points from S6 tonight....COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

Its not the fans you have to worry about. We will give him more time than Milan.

Tavernier's departure was nobody's fault. Pardew would only extend the loan if he was being played at RB. Megson, rightly, only wanted to play him at RW. Marhsall's departure was nobody's fault. Him and his agent knew he was always going to get more money elsewhere and could probably play at a higher level. I seriously doubt he would have signed even if we'd pushed out the boat. January is a hard time to find replacements so I'm going to struggle to seriously admonish either GM or MM for not finding like for like replacements.

I'm not pinning all the blame on GM; MM can take an equal measure. All I know is, the squad doesn't look good.

im not blaming anyone for their departures, totally the opposite. My point is that two players of undoubted quality left, and we got M Jones and Bostock in as replacements. im not big on the blame culture, but that decision has certainly helped our slide down the table.

edit: by down the table, i mean of course from 2nd into 3rd/4th/5th

Edited by Hawkeye

............. It is going to take more than 13 games to sort our team out and to change the way they have been use to playing football ie the Megson way. So lets not have any rediculous threads tonight slating Jones because if you seriously think he can work miracles in such a short time than your more mental than I am ........

Martin o' Neill anyone? :rolleyes:

Jones should be given a full uninterrupted season

However if he fails to get promotion this season he will have failed clearly MMs stated mandate - to ensure promotion in our final thirteen games :sad:

I expect a 3-1 win tonight

Edited by Charles Clegg

I can't agree with this. Every game is different. It's great that they got themselves up for the United game and performed in that atmosphere. But it's my opinion that any pro with balls should thrive in a game like that. In many ways, it's harder to get yourself up for Bury on a Tuesday night in front of half the crowd, or win after a long trip down to Exeter. To say that they won against United so should be able to do so over and over again, completely misses the point regarding the uniqueness of that game, and the different difficulties that the other 44 games a season present.

That's where a good Manager earns his biccies my friend!

So that's 1 out of three reasons, your second is speculation and how does it matter if they are ours, how does that work in this division?

My second isn't speculation. You didn't answer how many times you'd seen Wednesday this season, or even last season. If you've seen them regularly, it's hard to say with certainty what the future holds for Madine. And whether their ours matters because I'm critiquing OUR squad. Loan players offer no guarantees and no certainty. It's worrying when two of your best players are loan players because you don't know how long they're going to be around for, and because you''re getting no money when they depart, replacing them isn't that easy.

im not blaming anyone for their departures, totally the opposite. My point is that two players of undoubted quality left, and we got M Jones and Bostock in as replacements. im not big on the blame culture, but that decision has certainly helped our slide down the table.

edit: by down the table, i mean of course from 2nd into 3rd/4th/5th

Er we have'nt really slid have we?

Not sure about people bringing up the example of Martin O'Neil. Everyone knows that guy's special and he somehow does it almost everywhere he goes. Also, his success should be tempered by the fact they were chronically underachieving under Bruce. Just like Di Matteo won't be a world beater if Chelsea turn the corner, it'll be more of a representation of how that squad was underachieving under AVB, rather than an overachievement by RDM.

Bit harder for Jones to have a dramatic effect when the team wasn't chronically underachieving under Megson.

Edited by Juror8

My second isn't speculation. You didn't answer how many times you'd seen Wednesday this season, or even last season. If you've seen them regularly, it's hard to say with certainty what the future holds for Madine. And whether their ours matters because I'm critiquing OUR squad. Loan players offer no guarantees and no certainty. It's worrying when two of your best players are loan players because you don't know how long they're going to be around for, and because you''re getting no money when they depart, replacing them isn't that easy.

Clearly you have no concept of the loan procedure, i don't want to dwell on that, and it matters not how many times ivé watched the game, my argument can be devils advocate it's still the same, i will back this team to get promotion under Jones, bottom line.

Will you?

However if he fails to get promotion this season he will have failed clearly MMs stated mandate - to ensure promotion in our final thirteen games

NAILED ON.

Any other thinking is dilusional, let's say it how it is for fooks sake at least we can pull together as one if we do?

Clearly you have no concept of the loan procedure, i don't want to dwell on that, and it matters not how many times ivé watched the game, my argument can be devils advocate it's still the same, i will back this team to get promotion under Jones, bottom line.

Will you?

Yes, I'll be there tonight, I'll be there on Saturday; just like I'll be next Saturday, and the Tuesday after that. Each time, during those 90 minutes, I'll back Jones and the squad to get promotion. I don't barrack during games however bad we are. I reserve my negativity for OT, and even if we win, my reservations about the squad will mostly persist.

Will you be at these games? Have you been going to games? You never answered. If not, then I wouldn't be so certain in your views on the squad. There's no substitute for going. Not even reading OT and seeing our highlight on the FLS.

Oh, and no concept of the loan procedure. What a FDFSC. All I said was that they're not our players and they don't offer long-term certainty or guarantees, and relying them on can create big prombles, as shown this season.

Martin o' Neill anyone? :rolleyes:

Jones should be given a full uninterrupted season

However if he fails to get promotion this season he will have failed clearly MMs stated mandate - to ensure promotion in our final thirteen games :sad:

I expect a 3-1 win tonight

Did I miss something? I never heard Mandaric say that the appointment of Jones would guarantee promotion. What I heard was that, performances were slipping and it was Jones' job to give us fresh impetus and improve our prospects of being promoted, not guarantee it.