Give Jones time

No qualms about giving him time , but will milan ,we have to have promotion this season according to him,tbh i think he is gambling on the honeymoon period being a banker , but sometimes it backfires ,

It usually does for us!

Guest Big Guns

I hope he isn't one of them manager who tippy tappy it about and never get any were

For flip sake get it in the box.....

Guest totemowl

Sure i have already heard Milan drop a few hints since the Jones appointment, that even he knows it may not happen this season. Jones will get till at least a few months into next season, regardless of what happens this one.

Go on, enlighten us. Which hints are these and when / where do they appear.

Did I miss something? I never heard Mandaric say that the appointment of Jones would guarantee promotion. What I heard was that, performances were slipping and it was Jones' job to give us fresh impetus and improve our prospects of being promoted, not guarantee it.

I agree that there was no mention of a guaranteed promotion in the press conference & MM expressed concern about 'slipping' - it was my interpretation of what was said then and last year.

MM had made it clear last season that he expected promotion this season( more than fair). At the press conference with Dave Jones he said:" there are 13 games left...I didn't want .... I didn't want to take the risk". I presume that the risk he referred to was not one of relegation (no sarcasm intended) but of a failure to achieve promotion and so it must be a case of expecting DJ to achieve promotion this season - otherwise there can be no justification in changing managers before the end of the season.

Anyroad, I am confident of a comfortable win tonight and hope that this doesn't start another round of bickering amongst groups of fans who all want the same thing

Even if Jones doesn't get promotion he will stay and get my full backing.

The fact is Milan wanted Megson to go for footballing and non footballing reasons.

MM has his full focus on his club after his trial and I think he will back Jones and show a bit more patience. I can't see him having the tense relationship that GM had and that will help him.