SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE

Since the diasaster there is a ridiculous amount of police/safety paranoia with anything to do with crowds at Hillsborough.

Maybe that's human nature but its misguided nonsense.

You only have to look at the crazy segratation policy inside the ground where they leave massive gaps between fans - this happens at no other ground in the country.

It doesn't matter for the vast majority of the time at the moment but it will for the derby game and if we ever got back to the Premiership.

One of the most annoying things about the barrier today, was the repeated messages to fans in the South, to exit via the bridge.

We heard you first time!!!

Bet the guy with the blue Audi was stood at the leppings lane end wondering why he couldn't exit out that way.

And that's why the police have such a difficult job, dealing with utter fools like you.

Hahaha, you're a community support officer aren't ya

Guest Davecowl

Good summary - that's what I walked right into the middle of - along with familes, innocent old blokes, and people who had just come to enjoy a football match

Not seen scrapping like that outside the ground for YEARS

Barriers to make the away end look like Northern Ireland, herding the away fans up so far then leaving them to make their own way down the shortcut past the cafe to the South Stand bridge, and it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out what is gonna happen

Don't get me started about Northern Ireland ...that my son is a totally different board game

Do you think there would have been any trouble without those barriers today?

Do you think the police could have policed matters better during the relegation game v Crystal Palace, because in that game from where I was standing the police were massively at fault. Coming away from this game up Leppings lane, me and my son who was 13 at the time, were nearly trampled by a female officer on horseback who was ramming her horse into our supporters, she was moving quickly from right to left blocking any route me and my son wanted to use, we also had an officer behind us with a police dog ushering us into the path of this horse. Whenever I've seen trouble on the Lepp, in my opinion, the police are usually the reason behind it.

My bad, I thought you were talking about the disaster. That is wot I meant by my " a bit harsh " comment.

The police didn't manage the crowd correctly at the semi final, the stadium was hardly fit for purpose (no safety certificate etc) but the real cause of the problems was the thousands of Liverpool fans outside the ground who tried to force their way into the ground, after turning up very very late. Ninety six people, who were in the ground in plenty of time to watch the game lost their lives because of the efforts of SY Police, SWFC and thousands of idiots from Liverpool. Don't lay the blame for 96 deaths solely at the door of South Yorkshire police.

you forgot drunk......

you forgot Ticketless also. A tried and tested tactic of the Scum bags. Turn up at an important game and then storm the gates en-mass to get in.

I came out over the bridge ('Wednesday Way' as I call it - cough)

Saw it all kicking off on Parkside Road next to the school......I and loads of others had to squeeze past on the bit of pavement left.

I got to the top of the road (only about 10 yards), there were at least 2 police vans with police still sat in.

They must have seen what was happening, the vans do have wing mirrors!

But just to make sure I mentioned it to a copper standing at the top of Parkside Road that it 'had kicked off' and pointed where....he just said something along the lines of 'has it?' and smiled.

I said 'Dont you rush down then!'

geeeze!

I guarantee later last night he will have caught someone doing 33 in a 30 zone! :biggrin:

Pretty sure there must be police officers who are Wednesdayites and on here...I would be interested in knowing from them just exactly what the attitude and tactics are because I presume as individuals it must be difficult to go against 'orders' and the 'them and us' mentality of the moment....

No, far from it. Just a normal bloke who pays a lot of income tax to keep you in housing benefit and Chum for the bull terrier.

Suppose my 700 quid a month tax and NI goes to my housing benefit n all eh, silly cnut

Guest Distraught!

you forgot Ticketless also. A tried and tested tactic of the Scum bags. Turn up at an important game and then storm the gates en-mass to get in.

When referring to the Hillsborough Disaster, I smirk at this idea that a group of Liverpool fans took running leaps or something like that to force the gates open. Those poor souls that were pressed up against the gate when it was opened had probably been there from about 2:15 or 2:30. The late, ticketless probably drunken fans were no doubt somewhere near the back. Any thought of voluntary movement for those at the front goes beyond credibility. They, more likely than not, were struggling for space to inhale and exhale air let alone running drop kicks at the gate.

Guest intercity0wl

Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but Radio Sheffield reported this morning that SYP said the game was incident-free. Moron's!

Dam you Neil with your, i walked out of the grounda and straight into Fighting Lies, lol

Guest Boxing day

It was trouble free for for the SYP because they didn't get out of their van's, if you think there going to split up fighting for double money think again!!