SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE

To add some balance, if it had kicked off outside lepping lane (with no barriers), we may have been slating the police for not using the barriers when a large following of notorious fans were visiting.

The police can't win either way. That said, there are some complete dicks in the police force, but nothing like some of the complete and utter fools that roam the streets. Slightly unrelated but I've had the misfortune recently to sit in A&E at the Childrens Hospital with my little lad, waiting for treatment. Sitting for an hour watching some of the vile people that leech off this country makes me shiver. Idiots are breeding idiots, with no manners, respect or any idea whatsoever how to behave.

If I were a copper, after 8 hours on duty dealing with such pillocks I'd get the baton out as well.

Heard an interesting piece on the radio about the police the other night. Apparently they do not have to undergo CRB checks. They were talking about Police in the Stoke area iirc.A newspaper has published an article in which it alleges that serving Police officers have been convicted of sex offences drug dealing and taking,theft, driving offences amongst other things. They also allege that two chief inspectors are included in the list. Can't find anything on the net to confirm.

They do mate, and it extends to parents, siblings and partners parents and siblings and is re-checked randomly throughout there career.

They do mate, and it extends to parents, siblings and partners parents and siblings and is re-checked randomly throughout there career.

Fair enough thought it was strange and that I could find nothing on the net to confirm

Guest zipzippy

In the past and for many years the club WANTED opposing fans to mingle where south stand/leppings lane exits are. Proved successfully in stopping the 2advancing army's on a battlefield scenario. These barriers appeared today and it was only announced this week...maybe this was a result of intelligence info suggesting an element on both fans were looking for trouble?

Heard an interesting piece on the radio about the police the other night. Apparently they do not have to undergo CRB checks. They were talking about Police in the Stoke area iirc.A newspaper has published an article in which it alleges that serving Police officers have been convicted of sex offences drug dealing and taking,theft, driving offences amongst other things. They also allege that two chief inspectors are included in the list. Can't find anything on the net to confirm.

Heres the link you may have been thinking of http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081199/Criminal-record-1k-officers-convictions-police.html

Paul walker asking for info regarding aftermatch events on Twitter, might be a way of getting the Media involved in getting some answers to the need for the barriers.

WalkerpwPaul Walker

Hearing about problems after the Wednesday game today. Can anyone shed any light on what happened?

post the link to this thread???

Its obvious what has happened here. In the lead up to the game there has been a lot of talk about united and west hams idiots getting it on. The council, which is predominantly united fans, didnt want this tio happen in case it painted their beloved blades in a bad light. The plan was concocted to ensure west ham fans were riled up and then let loose on Owls fans, who would fight back and thus ensure even if united did get involved, the blame would be shared. Its obvious to anyone with any sense that this is exactly what has happened. Typical SYP and the council in cahoots as per to give united an advantage. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its obvious what has happened here. In the lead up to the game there has been a lot of talk about united and west hams idiots getting it on. The council, which is predominantly united fans, didnt want this tio happen in case it painted their beloved blades in a bad light. The plan was concocted to ensure west ham fans were riled up and then let loose on Owls fans, who would fight back and thus ensure even if united did get involved, the blame would be shared. Its obvious to anyone with any sense that this is exactly what has happened. Typical SYP and the council in cahoots as per to give united an advantage. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love a conspiracy theory as much as the rest but jeeeezzzzz :wacko:

Guest scarface

was there any 'trouble' with the pigs and I.C.F today then? haha

stand up if you hate the blades- Hillsborough loved it today!

UTO

Those on away end today were pointless, the Wednesday fans came out of north as usual and yes the fence was to our left to stop you seeing the away fans streaming out but nobody ever goes left through away fans anyway, so all the fence did was stop the 2 sets of fans seeing each other until nearer the road then was mixed as usual with fans heading to coaches and towards boro.

The only way to solve this would be close the turnstiles for north stand at leppings lane although no need as never any bother anyway even against utd

Guest gringo69

Anyone else notice the larger than normal police prescence on Penistone Road today? What was all that about?

Today is Sunday, it attracts enhanced pay, which WE pay for via taxes and NI contributions.

Those on away end today were pointless, the Wednesday fans came out of north as usual and yes the fence was to our left to stop you seeing the away fans streaming out but nobody ever goes left through away fans anyway, so all the fence did was stop the 2 sets of fans seeing each other until nearer the road then was mixed as usual with fans heading to coaches and towards boro.

The only way to solve this would be close the turnstiles for north stand at leppings lane although no need as never any bother anyway even against utd

The people who leave the North via the Leppings Lane exit, do so because that's the direction they travel home. If we had to leave via Penistone Road, we would walk up Vere Road onto Leppings Lane anyway. I sit on the North and live at Wadsley Park, Leppings Lane, Catchbar Lane then Middlewood Road is my route home, I am on foot and can't go any other way, and I know I'm not the only one who lives this side of the ground.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.