SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE

We should complain to the club regarding this, the control barriers belong to SYP but have been used on land which belongs to the club with the clubs permission.

UTO's

...indeed and presumably SYP will have given assurances from the highest level with regards crowd safety and health and safety...

Hillsborough has been trouble free for years. Yet a new bright idea of introducing barriers to Leppings Lane to avert fan clashes appears to have had the opposite effect.

Not only were the West Ham fans cattled down Parkside Road headlong into a sea of Joyous Wednesday Fans but there was not a police officer in sight.

The dissapointed WHU fans took out their anger on the jubilant Owls fans.

Nice try SYP 0/10 once again, Failure !

Their anger betrayed them then becasues they soon decided it was a bad idea

I think thats a bit harsh tbh mate, but thats another story

Do you think there would have been any trouble without those barriers today?

Do you think the police could have policed matters better during the relegation game v Crystal Palace, because in that game from where I was standing the police were massively at fault. Coming away from this game up Leppings lane, me and my son who was 13 at the time, were nearly trampled by a female officer on horseback who was ramming her horse into our supporters, she was moving quickly from right to left blocking any route me and my son wanted to use, we also had an officer behind us with a police dog ushering us into the path of this horse. Whenever I've seen trouble on the Lepp, in my opinion, the police are usually the reason behind it.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

exactly and 96 people paided a horrific price for such imcompentance.

The police didn't manage the crowd correctly at the semi final, the stadium was hardly fit for purpose (no safety certificate etc) but the real cause of the problems was the thousands of Liverpool fans outside the ground who tried to force their way into the ground, after turning up very very late. Ninety six people, who were in the ground in plenty of time to watch the game lost their lives because of the efforts of SY Police, SWFC and thousands of idiots from Liverpool. Don't lay the blame for 96 deaths solely at the door of South Yorkshire police.

As i've said before barriers like this cause more trouble than if they werent there because people who are herded and seperated seem to adopt a siege mentality.

Seen it loads of times and as i mentioned earlier in the week it does not work.

I wasn't there today, I know, part timer and all that, but what was the deal with the barriers? Where were they, for what purpose, and where did they funnel people to?

I sit at the away end of the North every game. Always come out at final whistle into a sea of owls and away fans mingling outside. Normally a line of coppers at the roadside, one of em always has a camera, same one every week by the way so it must be his or summat, and I've not seen any trouble for ages. After the udders game there was hardly a copper in sight by the way, no bother and fans mingling.

Coincidence that its kicked off today?

I wasn't there today, I know, part timer and all that, but what was the deal with the barriers? Where were they, for what purpose, and where did they funnel people to?

I sit at the away end of the North every game. Always come out at final whistle into a sea of owls and away fans mingling outside. Normally a line of coppers at the roadside, one of em always has a camera, same one every week by the way so it must be his or summat, and I've not seen any trouble for ages. After the udders game there was hardly a copper in sight by the way, no bother and fans mingling.

Coincidence that its kicked off today?

BANG

ON

Owlstalk Shop

The police didn't manage the crowd correctly at the semi final, the stadium was hardly fit for purpose (no safety certificate etc) but the real cause of the problems was the thousands of Liverpool fans outside the ground who tried to force their way into the ground, after turning up very very late. Ninety six people, who were in the ground in plenty of time to watch the game lost their lives because of the efforts of SY Police, SWFC and thousands of idiots from Liverpool. Don't lay the blame for 96 deaths solely at the door of South Yorkshire police.

This - shame that will never be uncovered.

However, apparently there was a group of WHU fans booing a flag in memorial to some guy who died? Poor taste there.

One thing it definitely WON'T be when they eventually respond to this shambles in the press, is their fault. It will be a good idea that had teething problems, the fans' fault, the weather, the kick off time. One to try again. Nobs.

this IS the problem.

The media are not allowed to criticise the police.

The police just say whatever will benefit them and boosts their budget.

It's almost as if they want trouble to justify their pointless presence.

Edited by Beholder