Adam le fondre

Guest Saturday Owl

A Journalist I speak to on Twitter who keeps me informed on everything Wednesday has just tweeted me.

James_Fielden James Fielden

@

@markyoungerswfc "PA confirm Sheffield Wednesday did bid 200k for Le Fondre, it was rejected and they are unlikely to go back in.

Hope he's wrong.

FFS, I'm getting inpatient now. We need a b*stard striker before the start of the season, this is a ridiculous situation

A Journalist I speak to on Twitter who keeps me informed on everything Wednesday has just tweeted me.

James_Fielden James Fielden

@

@markyoungerswfc "PA confirm Sheffield Wednesday did bid 200k for Le Fondre, it was rejected and they are unlikely to go back in.

Hope he's wrong.

If true I don't understand why we keep bidding well under the asking prices then walking away. I could have told the club that wasn't enough and I know next to nothing.

It's not just Le fondre though every one who is mentiond , gets nicked off us ,or so it seems,Sorry to whever but to my mind we have pissed about to much and have left dealings to late ,things should have been sown up on the transfer front weeks ago,

At least we would have a chance to get the team settled by now ,instead of this frantic stumbleing about trying to sign the last remaing players,that are on offer ,

If true I don't understand why we keep bidding well under the asking prices then walking away. I could have told the club that wasn't enough and I know next to nothing.

We haven't competed in the transfer market all preseason have we really?

Totally understand why Manderic doesn't want to splash the cash too much, i'd probably be the same. I hate to sound ungrateful, because he has saved us, but he keeps saying that we need promotion this season and putting pressure on Megson in the media- i'm sorry Milan, but you need to invest some more money to strengthen this squad first.

i've stayed out of all the melodrama that's been kicking off about lack of new signings...but it's really starting to get on my boobies all these pointless derisory bids we're making.

I have to agree. I agree that we shouldn't pay over the odds but why do we keep offering derisory sums. I really can't grasp it. Things are looking a little desperate

Guest LittonOwl

i've stayed out of all the melodrama that's been kicking off about lack of new signings...but it's really starting to get on my boobies all these pointless derisory bids we're making.

Just seems to alert other clubs to the availability of the player and gives them time to put more realistic bids together

Coventry fans aren't so sure he's on his way.....taken from one of their forums:

'Don't know where they are getting this from, but on a Sheffield Weds board...'

Coventry manager has been on their local radio saying talks between both player and club at an advanced stage

Coventry on verge of signing him.

In the local media in cov it's saying that there in Advanced talks with alf

That suggest nothing has been mentioned in the media down there?

I think everyone knows feck all.

And more from the Cov forum -

'I can't seem to find any articles saying we're close to signing him? All I've seen is just that Sheff Wed are about to try and sign him again?'

Edited by owlZfan84

Coventry fans aren't so sure he's on his way.....taken from one of their forums:

'Don't know where they are getting this from, but on a Sheffield Weds board...'

Coventry manager has been on their local radio saying talks between both player and club at an advanced stage

Coventry on verge of signing him.

In the local media in cov it's saying that there in Advanced talks with alf

That suggest nothing has been mentioned in the media down there?

I think everyone knows feck all.

And more from the Cov forum -

'I can't seem to find any articles saying we're close to signing him? All I've seen is just that Sheff Wed are about to try and sign him again?'

So, someone made up a rumour about him going to Cov, and then everyone hypes it up in forums, then everyone believes it?

What a shock :dry:

Guest BoomTownOwls

I think its Tweeter rather than Twitterer but stand to be corrected.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

Really can't be bothered to read all the pages to this thread so apologies if I'm going over old ground here, but just because the press reports that Coventry are after Le Fondre and are in "advanced talks" with him, it doesn't mean we won't get him... the press have been known to be wrong from time to time.

If you remember back, we all thought the Semedo deal was dead when it was reported in the press that Palace and Sporting Lisbon were after him and he ended up here, it all depends on how Megson and Aldridge sell the club to him (assuming we have a bid accepted).

Le Fondre has already stated on his twitter that he thinks Wednesday will do well this season both after the Wednesday and Sflaphorpe friendlies, he also lives in the area and given the financial troubles experienced at Coventry, who's to say they'll offer a btter financial package? Like I say he obviously thinks there's a decent chance we'll go up this season so I don't see any reason at all why he wopuldn't want to come here.