Adam le fondre

Guest JonTheOwl66

We had no money but still signed enough players to keep fielding a team. They are selling so many players that they have to replace them.

I guess you would expect them to go for frees but selling a players for £2m and replacing him for £300k is good business for a team in their situation.

Remember when we sold Brunt for £3m? How much of that money was then spent on new players?

Oh right yeah.. None.

Guest JonTheOwl66

How does the Coventry chairman compare to uncle Dave?

Nobody can compare to big D, but even so.. Coventry are arguably in a worse situation than we were.

This is a long thread, of which I cannot be arsed to read through so I may well be repeating what someone else has already pointed out, but....

Adam Le Fondre isn't that good. In fact he was dropped by Rotherham towards the back end of last year. League 2 is completely his level and to be spending good money on him would be a mistake IMHO.

The desperation on here to sign him is just utter stupidity borne out of the fact that the season is looming large and we are a little light in the striker department. Get a grip people!!

I for one actually hope we miss out on him as we can and should be setting our standards much higher when it comes to player recruitment.

Guest owlinlincs

I feel like doing one of those tv appeals something like every 30 seconds in the uk someone starts a thread about alf.For just 3 pounds a month we can provide them with something else to post about.For the sanity of thousands please give what you can

Time will tell if this is a good move or not , he know's where the net it is for sure , is he a Megson type player though , have to wait and see

Like someone mentioned earlier would love to see Afobe from Arsenal come in on loan , be a great option off the bench and wages would be reasonable

Guest Willie Henderson

Could he do a job for us ??

Your taking the wee wee,right?

How many threads do we need on this !!

Could he do a job for us ??

I can't believe everyone is writing of Coventry. The famous Wednesday ego strikes again.

Debt or no debt, the average footballer will see Championship over League 1 and bite their arm off. What's the worst that can happen, you get relegated and end up in League 1 anyway. By which time you have had time to prove yourself at Championship level and might attract a bigger club.

Not sure Rotherham will accept an IOU note from a club in serious debt though! Not do I think Rotherham will accept baked beans as payment. :biggrin: