Adam le fondre

I know we were in a pretty poo poo situation last season but pretty disgusting that Coventry are spending money that they don't have on transfer fees.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul if this transfer comes off

I've been really patient up until now and have always reasoned with other people who have criticsed our transfer policy this summer, but this is becoming a bad joke.

We need a striker. At least one striker. That's not "Oh lets wee wee about and see who we can get", it's "if we don't sign at least one striker we are not getting promoted this year".

I don't care how or why we've gone this long in this position. I just want it sorting. We need a striker in before Saturday and if we don't get one Megson and Mandaric, for all their qualities and what they've done for the club thus far, need to have a good look at how this ridiculous situation has been allowed to play out.

I've been really patient up until now and have always reasoned with other people who have criticsed our transfer policy this summer, but this is becoming a bad joke.

We need a striker. At least one striker. That's not "Oh lets wee wee about and see who we can get", it's "if we don't sign at least one striker we are not getting promoted this year".

I don't care how or why we've gone this long in this position. I just want it sorting. We need a striker in before Saturday and if we don't get one Megson and Mandaric, for all their qualities and what they've done for the club thus far, need to have a good look at how this ridiculous situation has been allowed to play out.

To be fair i think Megson is just as frustrated as we are.

I'm sure he is, but who is in charge of scouting and highlighting targets?

Should Megson have highlighted an alternative for the scenario that we couldn't get all of our first choice 9 players?

Like I said before though, I'm not interested in playing a blame game. It's not about placing fault at the feet of individuals, I'm not interested in that. I just think it's a stupid situation we've got ourselves in and rather than moaning about it, huffing and puffing or chasing down more blind avenues, those who CAN do something about it SHOULD be doing something.

If Le Fondre goes to Coventry today we need to have a solid and competetive bid on somebodys table for an alternative by close of play today. It's not good enough going into tomorrow or Thursday still making insuffecient offers for players or only contemplating making return bids.

Guest Saturday Owl

Think I'm going to leave Owlstalk until saturday :biggrin: I think I'm a curse :laugh:

I'm going to log out now, and come back at 5 to see the countries transfer news. If someone hasn't signed I'll be pissed.

Pretty flipping sad times if were getting beaten to signings by Blackpool.

I don't see why, remember what league they were in last season?

Anyway, I'm just happy that we are competing for players that clubs with a bit of cash and above us in the footballing pyramid are also interested in.

Though signing some f*cker sooner rather than later would be good! :biggrin:

Guest Saturday Owl

No it's not, parachute payments, current squad, current league all favour Blackpool, stop living in the past

Yes it it, just look at the potential of the two clubs. Really Blackpool with their fan base and stadium should never had made it to the Premiership.

Yes it it, just look at the potential of the two clubs. Really Blackpool with their fan base and stadium should never had made it to the Premiership.

But they did..

And are currently a better team than us right now, in a better league, good manager and also have a chance of going up again.

Why would anyone choose us over them at this moment in time?

Come on guys, wake up.