Adam le fondre

Guest SheffWed6

From Le Fondre's Twiitter just under 2 weeks ago after we beat Rotherham…

"Tough game!! Played well in patches! Sheff wed will be a force this season!! Good workout in all! Off to portugal tomo train camp!".

Sounds like he'd be more than interesting and knows what we're about.

Well Coventry are going to put a bid in, then half of the championship will follow.

So Rotherham won't be in to much of a hurry to sell him too us.

what sort of logic is that based on?

Coventry are skint and poo poo, ergo, all other championship clubs will want a (currently) league 2 striker :blink:

Edited by Rustyfunk

Guest scott_andrew_william

what sort of logic is that based on?

Coventry are skint and poo poo, ergo, all other championship clubs will want a (currently) league 2 striker :blink:

But he's not massively expensive for championship clubs to obtain, plus his wages would hardly be a problem for them. I just can't see Coventry being the only championship team interested in him. If someone lives near Coventry maybe someone could their Phone line?

Lets just calm down a bit.

Tony Stewart has said this morning, on RS, that we're currently in talks with them re: ALF. He then states that Coventry have been in touch. No bid has been made, let alone talking to the club regarding a possible transfer. I think its safe to assume we are in the driving seat for ALF and Stewart is playing the game and trying to force our hand in regards to a more substantial bid. Rotherham will not want ALF to play out the rest of his year, and leave for nowt.

I'm more than confident he'll be with us sooner rather than later. No source, just lateral thinking. Oh, and as its been said on many occasions...Coventry don't have a pot to wee wee in. I'm almost certain that any cash they do make on player sales will be used to ease their horrendous debt.

Keep the faith.

I can't believe everyone is writing of Coventry. The famous Wednesday ego strikes again.

Debt or no debt, the average footballer will see Championship over League 1 and bite their arm off. What's the worst that can happen, you get relegated and end up in League 1 anyway. By which time you have had time to prove yourself at Championship level and might attract a bigger club.

Lets just calm down a bit.

Tony Stewart has said this morning, on RS, that we're currently in talks with them re: ALF. He then states that Coventry have been in touch. No bid has been made, let alone talking to the club regarding a possible transfer. I think its safe to assume we are in the driving seat for ALF and Stewart is playing the game and trying to force our hand in regards to a more substantial bid. Rotherham will not want ALF to play out the rest of his year, and leave for nowt.

I'm more than confident he'll be with us sooner rather than later. No source, just lateral thinking. Oh, and as its been said on many occasions...Coventry don't have a pot to wee wee in. I'm almost certain that any cash they do make on player sales will be used to ease their horrendous debt.

Keep the faith.

Spot on.

A year ago they were wanting a ridiculous amount of money for him and now they're looking at letting him go for 250K-300K, Tony Stewart obviously knows we are desperate for a striker so he thinks 'Hmmm I'll say Coventry are interested to get Wednesday sweating' they just want as much as they can get for ALF.

Guest TonyOwl88

He's out of contract end of the season so 200-250 max.

I'd agree with you if we weren't kind of desperate right now. With no other out and out striker at the club, we may need to push these boundaries a little. Let's face it, Rotherham will be aware of our situation, as will every other club.

£500k shou8ld be the maximum fee, unless we have something else in the pipe line.

I can't believe everyone is writing of Coventry. The famous Wednesday ego strikes again.

Debt or no debt, the average footballer will see Championship over League 1 and bite their arm off. What's the worst that can happen, you get relegated and end up in League 1 anyway. By which time you have had time to prove yourself at Championship level and might attract a bigger club.

True - but money also speaks volumes as well and if ALF gets offered more at Hillsbrough than Coventry then I wouldn't just presume he'd take the higher league option.

THEY HAVE NO MONEY.

Guest BoomTownOwls

One thing I would say about Adam Le Fondre, that is a big plus from me.

His first name has 2 syllables, his surname has 3. A rare combination.

Sadly Michael Prendergast passed away last year. He had the greatest song dedicated to a Wednesday player that I have ever heard. Therefore, if Alf does sign, this song should be resurrected.

When Adam Le Fondre scores a goal hurrah hurrah

When Adam Le Fondre scores a goal hurrah hurrah

When Adam Le Fondre scores a goal, Prendergast God rest your soul

Cos we all go mad when Le Fondre scores a goal

Well, I like it. :biggrin:

Ok, Coventry have no money, but there are rumours of bids for their striker. Bearing in mind their financial situation, they would look to extract as much as they could from their sale and replace with a cheaper alternative, using the surplus income to pay of debt without leaving a striker shaped hole in their squad. Makes perfect sense.

Bearing in mid we're not waiting on sales, we should probably be getting in now and try to sort the deal, before Coventry lose their own player and have to act in the market.

Ergo, he'll sign today. FACT

Guest owlinlincs

What's the record for different threads about the same player because this pre season I feel records have been broken

We had no money but still signed enough players to keep fielding a team. They are selling so many players that they have to replace them.

I guess you would expect them to go for frees but selling a players for £2m and replacing him for £300k is good business for a team in their situation.

But they've not sold anyone for 2MILL yet?