Adam le fondre

Exactly - they'd have to go through a few documents to be drafted etc before investment to that level could be made. I really don't think it'd come in time for this transfer window for Cov. Let alnoe so soon that they could afford ALF when we have the money at the ready. Cash is king.

Leicester now after him!

"Rotherham United have had a bid from Sheffield Wednesday for top striker, Adam Le Fondre.

The Owls contacted Rotherham before this weekend with a bid, that, it`s led to believe was around £200,000 and rejected and Chairman, Tony Stewart saying, 'It was not worth taking seriously.`

It is thought that the Owls will make a fresh bid for the twenty-four year old.

Meanwhile, on Radio Leicester, on a Football Forum last night, Sven-Goran Eriksson said that Leicester City are still in talks with Rotherham over Le Fondre but nothing would happen until after the Carling Cup game between the two sides."

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=249217

Edited by audin

I for one actually hope we miss out on him as we can and should be setting our standards much higher when it comes to player recruitment.

But we aren't, and the season is creeping up quickly, and we only have 2 strikers, and Clinton Morrison makes Le Fondre look like David Villa . . . .

Bid rejected. Leicester now after him!

http://www.rotherham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=249217

The quote from their chairman referred to a bid from us before the weekend which wasn't good enough.

However last night on FH, it was pretty clear that things had moved on a bit from that stage.

Typical Vital article- a few days too late and made up of hand me down quotes from other sources.

Le Fondre would never....EVER get a game at Leicester

Strikers at Leicester

Paul Gallagher

Steve Howard

Darius Vassell

Martyn Waghorn

Jeffrey Schlupp

David Nugent

He wouldn't even make the bench

The quote from their chairman referred to a bid from us before the weekend which wasn't good enough.

However last night on FH, it was pretty clear that things had moved on a bit from that stage.

Typical Vital article- a few days too late and made up of hand me down quotes from other sources.

let him go th leicester then, and move on...

does he think he'll be playing football at leicester, or helping put the cones out...

and being 4th. choice on the bench...

Guest Saturday Owl

lol at Sven calling him Adam Alfonso!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He obviously doesn't even have a clue who he is, must be a made up article stolen from somewhere.