UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

He is the perfect player to play at the bottom of a diamond in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 system which Megson seems to like.

Signing Semedo is going to allow JJ and whichever other winger we end up signing, be it Lloyd Dyer or whoever, a hundred times more freedom to play.

Semedo as a replacement for Darren Potter? I think i'l take that!

Well thats four really good signings so far as well as shipping out some poo .

Bennet for Spurr

Semodo for Miller

Prutton for Potter

Excellent business and weve spent any money yet! :laugh:

Ha, stuffed Charlton!!

All those new signings, and then we take away their Player of the Year.

Awesome.

Also, this just goes to show that there's no need to worry about the delays with Mellor, Batth and Dyer. I'd not heard anything on Semedo for ages and I'd almost forgotten about him. Then BAM - he signs.

Come on.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Ha, stuffed Charlton!!

All those new signings, and then we take away their Player of the Year.

Awesome.

Also, this just goes to show that there's no need to worry about the delays with Mellor, Batth and Dyer. I'd not heard anything on Semedo for ages and I'd almost forgotten about him. Then BAM - he signs.

Come on.

Same, sometimes they just sign like that. Sometimes its rumoured to be going on for days. Sometimes its out of the blue. I hope Dyer is next.

Guest Sheff Owl

Sorry to say so, but they really do :sad:

Charlton have better then us??

Rhoys Wiggins - Yeah good signing but no major loss

Matt Taylor - No thanks

Paul Hayes - No thanks

Dale Stephens - Don't really know too much about him

Cedric Evina - Ok player but nothing special

John Sullivan - Erm...

Danny Green - Good player and yes we lost out on him .

Danny Hollands - Another that is ok but Semedo much better

Mikel Alonso - Was on loan at Bolton - i would say not really proved anything

Right i would take

Bradly Wright - Phillips

Scott Wagstaff

After that i'm struggling...

Excellent point. The signings of Bennett and now Semedo must surely restore trust in Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge among those who had let it slip, and give further confidence to the rest of us. I'm certain they're going to get this squad sorted. I can still see all three of those signing, let's just let them get on with it.

Absoultely delighted with this one. I remember watching the Charlton game at Hillsborough last season and they dominated us in midfield. My mate (a non Wednesday fan who was with me) was asking why we didn't have any big, strong ball winners. Finally we do. The Charlton fans sound largely positive about him and even if you take the neagtives at face value it doesn't matter becuase he provides something we haven't had for ages. He will improve us greatly, even if he won't weaken them much.

Add Mellor Batth and Dyer to the side and perhaps one more CM (someone like Koumas) and we would have an outstanding squad for this league, and more importantly a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Guest Saturday Owl

Quality signing and really happy with it. A tough holding midfielder is what we've needed for a while now so he fits the bill perfectly.

Mixed reactions from Charlton fans, most is just sour grapes really but I reckon in this league he'll dictate a lot of the play in our own half.

Our current central midfield looks like this then at the moment-

David Prutton

Giles Coke

James O'Connor

Liam Palmer

Jose Semedo

I still think we need a more attacking threat added to that midfield, whether Coke will be up to it next season is anyone's guess.

Out of this current batch it would be Prutton and Semedo in the mile for me, if we did end up with Koumas then our midfield is looking very versatile.

That's the 4th signing out of what will hopefully be 9, impressed with what we've signed so far. All are proven players at this level and are still at a good age.

Less can be said about other teams, Charlton's side is full of youth which may take a while to gel. Megson seems to be working on the spine of the side first.

Guest mrbluesky

Add Mellor Batth and Dyer to the side and perhaps one more CM (someone like Koumas) and we would have an outstanding squad for this league, and more importantly a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

+1 This must happen

Guest mrbluesky

Just to add people lets not get our knickers in a twist over what other fans say, remeber Brighton???

Charlton have better then us??

Rhoys Wiggins - Yeah good signing but no major loss

Matt Taylor - No thanks

Paul Hayes - No thanks

Dale Stephens - Don't really know too much about him

Cedric Evina - Ok player but nothing special

John Sullivan - Erm...

Danny Green - Good player and yes we lost out on him .

Danny Hollands - Another that is ok but Semedo much better

Mikel Alonso - Was on loan at Bolton - i would say not really proved anything

Right i would take

Bradly Wright - Phillips

Scott Wagstaff

After that i'm struggling...

Yes they do, and what you wrote next to each of their signings is quite off the mark.

They did amazing job this Summer, but we are not finished yet with our recruitment drive, and hopefully can do even better.