UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

I was thinking though Koumas hasnt signed for us but neither has he signed for anyonelse. Megson said he would only come if he couldnt find a team in a higher league. Well he still hasnt but I suppose theres still 2 months til the window ends. I can imagine someone taking him on before so long.

Below a Charltons fans view on Jose

Why we should keep him if at all possible, where do I start?

1. He has been stuck for most of the season, trying to support a defence, especially in the centre, which has no pace at all and sits far too deep. He has been heroic in that role

2. He has a great determination and strength and were it not for his tireless performances week in week out we could have been staring at much worse

3. Last season in the early games, he liked extremely well with Racon, and Shelvey. Our performance against Tranmere away, was perhaps the pinnacle. He was able on occasion to break forward and support the attack. Unfortunately as I mentioned above, he was unable to do this except in later games under CP, when CP experimented with him getting forward

4. He is an excellent tackler, he is decent in the air, and he can hold the ball and pass it.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Excellent signing. We've been crying out for this sort of player for years. A dominant defensive midfielder who breaks up play and gives it simple to others.

The squad is shapin up nicely now. Hopefully we can tie up deals for Mellor, Batth and Dyer asap. Then Koumas would be a bonus.

Imagine the side though of they all came in....

..................Weaver

Buxton...Batth......Jones...Bennett

............Semedo..Prutton

JJ.................Koumas........Dyer

.........,,,,...Madine / Mellor

This is the team I've been crying out for. 4-2-3-1 is perfect for us.

Guest Gornaldo

Powell's gone for the jugular this summer - He's gone for a set of young 'uns, albeit a decent bunch, but will they gel quick enough? Or will they gel at all?

And to be honest, Powell's hardly a proven manager is he?

In Semedo I think we've got a quality footballer who works absolutely tirelessly, with his heart on his sleave - And this is a type of player we've been seriously lacking.

I genuinely think that this is Charltons loss, our gain.

Edited by Gornaldo

Guest Gornaldo

I'm expecting Powell to come out with an Irvine-esque quote soon, something along the lines of "I'd be impressed with this squad in The Championship, let alone League One"...

Then watch the dominoes fall.

I was thinking though Koumas hasnt signed for us but neither has he signed for anyonelse. Megson said he would only come if he couldnt find a team in a higher league. Well he still hasnt but I suppose theres still 2 months til the window ends. I can imagine someone taking him on before so long.

Ideally you would want him to have SOME sort of pre-season...

Ideally you would want him to have SOME sort of pre-season...

Yes but lots of players these days dont sign with teams til late on. May take a few weeks and months catching up but it would be more then worth it I reckon. As a proffessional I would have thought he would have kept himself in shape anyway. Although I suppose Clinton last year is an example of this not being the case.

The impression I get of Semedo is that he basically has everything Potter had in regards to keeping the passes simple, either going sideways or backwards, but he also gets stuck in with excellent determination and a good strong tackle to break up the oppositions play before laying it off.

Sounds exactly what we needed in that position.

Guest carlg

4-5-1.

too deep and too defensive for my liking.

It never worked last season.

True, but... We didn't really have any quality last season.

Same formation, different people.

Different results will come.

First time in ages am excited by a SWFC season - even in L1.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

The impression I get of Semedo is that he basically has everything Potter had in regards to keeping the passes simple, either going sideways or backwards, but he also gets stuck in with excellent determination and a good strong tackle to break up the oppositions play before laying it off.

Sounds exactly what we needed in that position.

Spot on - got fed up of us effectively being a man down whenever Potter & O' Connor played.

Seems like wee James will now be a squad player and character in the dressing room....

Great news that Semedo sees what we all see in this club.

Make yourselves heroes lads and make it a season to remember.

Spot on - got fed up of us effectively being a man down whenever Potter & O' Connor played.

Seems like wee James will now be a squad player and character in the dressing room....

Great news that Semedo sees what we all see in this club.

Make yourselves heroes lads and make it a season to remember.

It would have been cheaper to hire a pantomime dwarf for a season if that's all he's here for. :biggrin: