UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

Guest BoomTownOwls

Megson might want us to play with a midfield diamond formation

I doubt it.

He has signed JJ and has stated he wants Dyer.

It looks like 4-3-3 is nailed on to me.

Dyer and JJ either side of a central striker.

Semedo holding, Prutton providing the legs and A N Other providing the creativity. Presumably, if we managed to Koumas he would fill that role.

Guest londonowl1

would say we are likely to be playing 1 up front.

4-5-1

2 fast wingers (dyer and JJ)

Madine up front

3 centre midfielders (semedo sitting, prutton and Coke)

Guest BoomTownOwls

Absolutely.

I'm betting that their signing of Michael Morrison speeds up now though!

You scratch our back.

Semedo was out of contract and therefore a Free Agent. No contact with Charlton will have been necessary.

He was the best player on the park during Charlton's last visit. He wore number 6, me and Dronny Owl were drooling over him. He sits infront of the back four and picks everything up. In my opinion, we will not make a better signing this summer.

Agreed,

He and Racon ran the game down at the Valley aswell, borther and I were saying that either of those 2 would be just the sort of player we needed.

Never have i said that and Wednesday actually agree with me, so this is a pleasant surprise, great signing.

Edited by leea8331

Wednesay lass was right. :D

Really happy. 4 quality signings and no transfer money spent. Some people on here were worried that we werent going to get good players just because they are free. So far we have proved this wrong. I do hope we splash a bit out though. Neil Mellor, Cody Mcdonald, Lloyd Dyer and Danny Batth please.

It's looking like with the signings of Jones, Bennett and Semedo that we are going to be really tough to break down next season. About time!

Prutton too. Hope we are tough and solid next season. Bully the opposition and are pacy upfront and outwide. :D

Wednesay lass was right. :D

Really happy. 4 quality signings and no transfer money spent. Some people on here were worried that we werent going to get good players just because they are free. So far we have proved this wrong. I do hope we splash a bit out though. Neil Mellor, Cody Mcdonald, Lloyd Dyer and Danny Batth please.

The possibility of getting those four as well makes me wee a little.

We'd have a great squad. Exciting times.

Guest 03 owl

Absolutely On Fire about this, Great News will make the few pints tonight a little sweeter, Cheers!!

Chew on that Charlton :biggrin:

Well chuffed with this signing. To get one of Megsons main targets as well as one of your main rivals captain and player of the season is a major coup. A big well done to Milan and Aldridge. Just goes to show what can be done, all free transfers so far but these can sometimes be the hardest to get but they have obviously sold the club to them very well. We shouldnt be getting pushed and bullied now with the likes of Jones,Prutton,Bennett and Semedo in the mix. Striker with pace and winger next and this team will really start to look a solid unit.