UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

Nah then Guns

Semedo in, Madine on Arson charge, Lloyd Dyer and Mellor maybe in this week also.

Koumas looking less likely by the day.

Anything I have missed please anyone add.

Not much really pal.

the koumas deal could look more likely as i am sure i have seen somewhere that the only way he would drop to l1 is if he had no other offers

Then we must agree to disagree. Green, Wiggins and Stephens alone would walk into our squad and made a huge difference, and I would much prefer Hollands to Prutton.

Wiggins is better than Bennett?

Wiggins has played one full season in his entire career for bournemouth, last year

Bennett has played nearly 100 games for Forest and been player of the year in a promotion winning side in the division we are in, no comparison

dont know anything about Green or Stephens so cant comment

Nah then Guns

Semedo in, Madine on Arson charge, Lloyd Dyer and Mellor maybe in this week also.

Koumas looking less likely by the day.

Anything I have missed please anyone add.

Not much really pal.

Just to recap all the comings and goings:

IN-

Rob Jones - Centre back, released by mutual consent at Sflaphorpe

David Prutton - Centre midfield, out of contract at Swindon

Julian Bennett - Left back, out of contract at Forest

Jose Semedo - Centre defensive midfield, out of contract at Charlton

Jermaine Johnson - New deal

James O'Connor - New deal

Lewis Buxton - New deal

OUT-

Richard Hinds - Contract expired

Tommy Miller - Contract expired

Gary Teale - Released by mutual consent, joined St. Mirren

Darren Potter - Released by mutual consent, joined MK Dons

Paul Heffernan - Released by mutual consent, joined Kilmarnock

Tommy Spurr - Sold for undisclosed fee to Doncaster, rumoured £200k

HINTED AT-

Mark Reynolds - Loan back to Motherwell

Michael Morrison - Sale to Charlton

Lloyd Dyer - Left winger, buy from Leicester

Neil Mellor - Buy from Preston

A few other rumours regarding players like Koumas and others, but nothing substantial.

Have I missed anyone?

my charton mates verdict on him

Very good signing. He is our current player of the year.

Holding midfielder, the only reason he left us is we didn't want to keep paying him the same wage (he was still on a premier league contract) and as soon as we said sorry you have to take a big pay cut he understandably started looking elsewhere.

Always gives 100%, was originally a centrehalf but is better in midfield (he is too slow for defence in truth). Not much of a goalscorer, if eh gets more than one a season it's a miracle. He also gets a lot of cards, normally misses 8 to 10 games through suspension (normally he is sent off 2 or 3 times a season and gets booked around 10 times).

Despite all this (as it sounds negative) he is invaluable in the midfield for doing the dirty work and will become very popular very quickly there.

Of the 16 players out of contract this summer he was the only one that Charlton fans wanted back.

So basically, will do a great job of holding the midfield together allowing others to play the "pretty stuff" but if you want to make money on goalscoring bets don't do him.

It's nice to see so many bitter comments on thier site playing him down, they wanted to keep him.

Usually when there's so much playing down of abilitiy and saying "glad he's gone" it's to make the loss easier to take.

He'll be a very good signing and Megson will get the best out of him.

Unless its Potter,Teale or Spurr!

I think the main thing is Charlton as a club wanted to keep him.

my charton mates verdict on him

Very good signing. He is our current player of the year.

Holding midfielder, the only reason he left us is we didn't want to keep paying him the same wage (he was still on a premier league contract) and as soon as we said sorry you have to take a big pay cut he understandably started looking elsewhere.

Always gives 100%, was originally a centrehalf but is better in midfield (he is too slow for defence in truth). Not much of a goalscorer, if eh gets more than one a season it's a miracle. He also gets a lot of cards, normally misses 8 to 10 games through suspension (normally he is sent off 2 or 3 times a season and gets booked around 10 times).

Despite all this (as it sounds negative) he is invaluable in the midfield for doing the dirty work and will become very popular very quickly there.

Of the 16 players out of contract this summer he was the only one that Charlton fans wanted back.

So basically, will do a great job of holding the midfield together allowing others to play the "pretty stuff" but if you want to make money on goalscoring bets don't do him.

If he's too slow for defence, I wonder why he's been whacked in central midfield? :biggrin:

he also had this to say about morrison and green

Morrison is a decent player, but he was never given a fair chance by your lot to be honest and by all accounts never settled so am happy to give him a second chance.

We had to buy loads of players. We have let all 16 out of contract leave so far !! (Dailly may re-sign with us but everyone else is now gone).

Mind you, the squad we have no is looking far stronger than the dire sh*te we had last season. Even managing to offload the truly useless rightback Simon Francis on Bournemouth for money after taking their best midfielder off of them Laughing

As for Green, unfair fight as he was with us as a kid and is still a fan and wanted to prove he shouldn't have been released by us all those years ago so you really had no hope of getting him (through no fault of yours).

There was a video interview with Megson on the OS 10 minutes ago, I was just going back to watch it and its disappeared now.

Did anyone manage to get a link before it went? It's not showing up on Wednesday player yet either.

Excellent signing. We've been crying out for this sort of player for years. A dominant defensive midfielder who breaks up play and gives it simple to others.

The squad is shapin up nicely now. Hopefully we can tie up deals for Mellor, Batth and Dyer asap. Then Koumas would be a bonus.

Imagine the side though of they all came in....

..................Weaver

Buxton...Batth......Jones...Bennett

............Semedo..Prutton

JJ.................Koumas........Dyer

.........,,,,...Madine / Mellor

Excellent signing. We've been crying out for this sort of player for years. A dominant defensive midfielder who breaks up play and gives it simple to others.

The squad is shapin up nicely now. Hopefully we can tie up deals for Mellor, Batth and Dyer asap. Then Koumas would be a bonus.

..................Weaver

4-5-1.

too deep and too defensive for my liking.

It never worked last season.

..................Weaver

At least we have 7/11ths of that lineup. lol Think Dyer and Batth are more likely then Mellor and Koumas.