UNOFFICIALLY NOW OFFICIAL - JOSE SEMEDO SIGNS

Guest wednesday_lass

I have to say I'm delighted with this signing as we need an enforcer such as Semedo in our team. We haven't had one in years and last year was woeful. Potter was a fairy and O'Connor a headless chicken. Hopefully this isn't the last signing but he will give us a bit more steel and fits Megsons game plan. Hopefully we will stop being so soft and will stop conceding late goals.

UTO

Great signing for my money.

He's obviously a very capable player at this level and the division above.

We've just taken one of our potential rivals player of the year.

SiJ I flippinglove you.

Thanks for getting your hand in your pocket.

I thought he had come on a free. How much did he cost ya??

:laugh:

I think offensively you're correct. We cant match that, but defensively our midfield wins through and that lack of protection has previously been an issue rather than goals.

If we can get a creative midfielder and winger then you could argue that our midfield would have a better balance?

Could be, but lets wait and see who else we bring in.

SiJ I flippinglove you.

Thanks for getting your hand in your pocket.

I thought he had come on a free. How much did he cost ya??

:laugh:

:cool:

Though I'd lighten the load on Milan.

He did sort of save us after all.

Not happy to read reports of Semedo being a "Potter" type player.

forget potter. the position potter played he could not play this lad can. we need someone to keep it simple keep hold of the ball and play possion football when needed but he also needs to be able to stick his foot in and do the dirty work potter cant do this this lad can. lets not confuse things potter could not do the role he was given

Edited by benitocarbonara

Guest Owl30

forget potter. the position potter played he could not play this lad can. we need someone to keep it simple keep hold of the ball and play possion football when needed but he also needs to be able to stick his foot in and do the dirty work potter cant do this this lad can. lets not confuse things potter could not do the role he was given

Let's also remember that between O'Conner, Prutton and Semedo we will be lucky to get 5 goals from the lot of them, we need some creativity and a goal scorer in the centre of the park.

Edited by Owl30

Guest grez_owls4ever

Judging by Megsons comments he will be used as the holding player in a 5 man midfield, that said he would fit the bill perfectly.

Also the Charlton fans comments regarding their new signings sounds ver familiar to how we sounded when we made or signings last pre-season....and look where we finished and what impact them signings had.

For all you Charlton fans who think you "have better" my advice is wait and see as we made that mistake last season. Dont judge a player on what he has been like for his previous clubs but how he performs for yours.

Jose Semedo Career record

Sporting Lisbon

Apps 0

Goals 0

Casa Pia

Apps 34

Goals 2

Feirense

Apps 16

Goals 0

Cagliari

Apps 3

Goals 0

Charlton Athletic

Apps 151

Goals 2

Portugal U'21

Apps 13

Goals 1

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Jose Semedo.

Edited by aeroswfc

Are Semedo and Prutton the same kind of player though? Will they be in the side together?

Pretty similar as far as I'm led to believe; they can both run all day, have good strength and a great determination to succeed.

However, Prutton's focus is allowing us to keep hold of the ball in midfield and getting into positions to give other players an easy option to make a simple pass, rather than having to hoof it forward every time. Semedo will be the one mainly sticking in front of the back four at all times, breaking up the oppositions play by putting in strong tackles and intercepting passes before laying it off to either one of the wing backs or Prutton I'd imagine.

Guest all_about_wednesday

Very happy with this. Will be having a punt on us for promotion with a couple more signings.

Jose Semedo Career record

Sporting Lisbon

Apps 0

Goals 0

Casa Pia

Apps 34

Goals 2

Feirense

Apps 16

Goals 0

Cagliari

Apps 3

Goals 0

Charlton Athletic

Apps 151

Goals 2

Portugal U'21

Apps 13

Goals 1

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Jose Semedo.

Spooky, he's got the same record at Sporting Lisbon as me.

Let's also remember that between O'Conner, Prutton and Semedo we will be lucky to get 5 goals from the lot of them, we need some creativity and a goal scorer in the centre of the park.

no poo sherlock but what has that got to do with post?? it was never stated that he is a creativite player it was stated that he can play the postion a lot better that potter

Guest Big Guns

get some ice on that arse of yours, :biggrin: i bet its red raw.

Did you hear about the gay magician?

He vanished with a poof.

Semedo and Prutton are vast improvements on Potter and Miller. For a start, the new lads have proper defined roles. You know what you're going to get from them when you see the team sheet. That's appose to Miller who should have acted as the creative catalyst going forward but was truly never effective enough in that role, and Potter who contributed nothing defensively or in attack.

Semedo and Prutton will both have a more clearly defined role in this team even if they don't play together. To that end alone I think we're already much better off.