200k bid for beevers rejected

How much do we think he's worth then? £500k would be enough IMO, he shows very little of that early promise these days.

Megson rates him, and Beevers' form did improve when he got games in under him before his season was ended by injury.

To be fair I think my form would dip as well if I'd been playing alongside Purse for 18 months, it must have been terrifying not knowing what clanger he was going to drop next...

Beevers shouldn't go unless we get an offer of over £1m. Will be a good player this coming year.

What!!?? Who the flip would pay that for a player who has been dogger for the past 2/3 seasons. Yeah I don't deny when he first broke into the first team he looked a real promising player, but he hasn't improved at all over recent seasons and still makes the same errors on a regular basis.

He's worth whatever someone else is willing to pay.

Barnsley have just recieved £1m for Shackell.... so i'd start at £1m....

It's more to do with understanding the bidding/selling clubs financial situation, then negotiating from there.

Shackell has had consecutive seasons of doing really well in the championship. Beevers had one good season, his first.

Guest christheowl

I think they valued the figure at 200 as that's probably the amount of times he hoofs the ball from the back in an average match !

Guest foreverSWFC

I think Megson knows Beevers has potential to be a Premier League defender, he may have had a blip these past couple of seasons, but i believe he will flourish under Megson next season.

The one player we should not even consider selling.

I think they valued the figure at 200 as that's probably the amount of times he hoofs the ball from the back in an average match !

I must admit this is one of the most frustrating things about Beevers. If he took the time to distribute the ball properly he would instantly be twice the player he is.

Shackell has had consecutive seasons of doing really well in the championship. Beevers had one good season, his first.

Back to my point... the price will be formulated from knowing the market as opposed to the players ability.

If your negotiating a sale of a player your manager wants to keep, and you don't have to sell him... and the bidding club has just recieved £1m.... AND their considered a 'local' rival....

Whats to lose from starting at £1m...

That you know they have ?

Edited by BRUCE LEE

How much do we think he's worth then? £500k would be enough IMO, he shows very little of that early promise these days.

The price would be entirely relative to what his replacement would cost us.

Megson will have a list of players in every position that he wants with varying costs- were we to sell Beevers, I would want us to get whatever his replacement would cost and a decent sell-on clause too because i still think Beevers will be a very good player in the long run.

The only way i could see Beevers leaving this summer would be if he wants to leave to go and play for his boyhood club, and so forces our hand.

Guest christheowl

I must admit this is one of the most frustrating things about Beevers. If he took the time to distribute the ball properly he would instantly be twice the player he is.

I thought i was the only one who noticed after looking in this thread, good defender but some one really needs to be telling him how to distribute the ball. He decided to punt it long so much last season when he could easily have just passed it 6 yards to some one at the side of him, it frustrated me so much. Its pub league distribution at times. add Reda at the side of him and you 2 defenders who look like there trying to pass a ball with both there legs tied together !

I think he showed flashes last year, even under Irvine of the ability he has. Some of the defending and headers from awkward angles were first class, but he looks jittery on the ball and a bit soft in the challenge for a fairly big guy.

I wouldnt sell him for 200k as you could get any old clogger for that. Although I'd like to see Baath back here, I'd also like to see us develop Reda and Beevers alongside Jones.

Guest Big Guns

WHAT!!!!!!!! Why was that not accepted immediatly, the guys a flipping gormless liability.

this we should have snapped there hand off maybe were trying to squeeze a few more pounds out of em