200k bid for beevers rejected

What qualities does Beevers have?he isnt blessed with lightning pace,hes not a leader,he isnt a ferocious tackler,he isnt outstanding in the air.He's an average defender but still living off his reputation as a good up and coming youngster from when he first broke through into the first team.Players like Reda Johnson have potential because they have rough qualities that you need in a centre half that hopefully can be polished.Beevers is not going to improve very much IMO.

@WalkerpwPaul Walker

Barnsley did make an enquiry for SWFC defender Mark Beevers but difference of opinion on valuation. Reds now onto other targets

As previous...thankfully we're not longer in a position to be bullied.

I hope we did say minimum £1m. Nothing to lose.

Guest wilyfox

i would hang onto Beevers. he's only 21 and has 3 years on Tommy Spurr so i don't think the two should be compared. Spurr is 23/24 and has gone stale. Beevers is still in development. The fact that his performances improved significantly after Megson's arrival suggests that the manager can work with him and get a response. Beevers was unlucky with his injury towards the end of the season. had he been fit, we probably wouldn't have signed Danny Batth on loan and may have seen some good stuff from Beevers.

If Danny Batth was available for permanent transfer, i may think differently as i feel he is more athletic and mobile. we know Jones and Batth can play well together, but Wolves clearly do not want to part with him and aren't even willing to commit to a loan at this stage. with that situation in mind, i would keep Beevers.

Guest Sniper1

Double it and he's yours.

Can't pass, makes too many last ditch tackles because he can't read the game.

These things can be trained, let some other f'ker do it though, he's had long enough at Wednesday.

Playing alongside Purse really screwed Beevers' game up. Hopefully alongside Jones he will improve, but he really needs to work on his heading and also bulk up a little, seems a little lightweight

It was the arrival of Purse which ruined the central defence, until he improved slightly

Guest danny wath owl

Beevers will become the defender we all thought he was going t be under megson and playing next to jones !

Fact

He's only a young en, still time for him to come good and this could well be a make or break season for him at Wednesday, for £200k he's worth keeping and gambling on having a big season. He had to play along side the likes of Spurr, Purse, Reda etc, not players to inspire confidence by any stretch. With Jones, Buxton and a new left back he just may get his arse in gear and show us he's the player we think he can be.

why cos he doesn't walk about with blinkers on ,time to move on

nonsensical rubbish there big guns. The lad is 21 and is undoubtadly talented. Now we have a set up whereby he doesnt have to be thrown in at the deep end i.e. playing every game becuase we don't have any other CBs. No, now we have both Megson and Milans money we can help develop this young lad into the player we all know he can be. Remember defenders dont tend to peak until they are 25-28...