200k bid for beevers rejected

I personally would sell him. A bit like Spurr for me showed promise early doors but has hit the proverbial brick wall in terms of his development and I think the only way for him to progess is to leave S6. £200k is probably too low but anywhere near £300k-£400k I would ****** their hands off.

How come Buxton wasn't allowed the Purse excuse for his slight drop off in form during our relegation season? He was criticised purely as an individual by many and he had to cover for Captain Calamity too.

I thought he looked flat footed at right back all of that season regardless of Purse who had a pretty solid finish to the season. Beevers had been struggling for a while, before Purse got the blame for that, Wood also got some.

I'm in 2 minds about Beevers, as he has shown bits of promise and then dissapoints. However he should be pushing for a starting place this season and given that we are no longer strapped for cash we are in a position to hold onto him and hope Megson gets him back to fulfilling his promise. I we were to receive an offer that would allow us to purchase someone better then ok but 200k ain't going to do that.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Beevers will be emmence this season.

Just got a feeling Megson will get the best out of him and hopefully rediscover that form he had a few seasons ago.

Emmence...

I agree!! Who would OF thought it......arghhhh...

:blink:

We need more of the old Beevers back. The one that was classy on the ball, doing Cruyff turns against Billy Sharp in the Sheffield Derby seems a million miles from the panic half volley everything first time as high as possible that we see nowadays.

If we can combine the more solid Beevers that Megson was starting to uncover with the confident Beevers that used to look so natural on the ball then we will have a hell of a player.

Megson won't sell him unless it's an offer he can't refuse or Beevers wants to leave. He'll do well under Megson with a decent talker at the side of him. He's a confidence player, who needs to know the players round him aren't gonna make mistakes. He hoofs it because the midfield generally give the ball away and the pressure comes straight back onto him. He does need to sort out the direction on his heading tho, when he heads it, it needs to stay headed instead of dropping 10 yards to an opponent