Retained List

Guest britmod_owl

in megson and mandaric i trust,

form recently has been good, and both joc and miller played a part in that, good injury filler at least.

especially with the amount of cup games at start of season and the rules regarding jpt team that has to play.

Guest insideowl

Why is everyone presuming he's going to play every week?

For me, he's experienced and scrappy, not a big wage and a 'good lad'. Good back up.

I thoroughly expect 2 new CM. Prutton and a athletic defensive player.

Guest Eagle Owl

Not that fussed myself if Mellor returns. Yes he's scored 20 goals but 7 of them came in cup matches against generally sh*t opposition. He scored 13 league goals which is pretty average. His league record is about 1 in 3 and was no better at Preston. If we want to go up I think we need someone who can score about 1 in 2. Compare Mellor to Craig Mackail Smith who scored 27 league goals and who do you reckon was on the bigger wage??

Guest Sniper1

Arguably are best player in his first season at the club when we finished 12th.

I have my view on it, and Megson has his view on it. If Megson seems to think O'Connor is the worth another contract, we should trust his decision. For too long we have had lazy clowns who have just come here to steal a wage, and sit on the back seat. O'Connor gives his all and that is what is needed to get out of this dour league.

He really is not that bad of a player, to me he has just turned into a scapegoat for some of our fans to blame.

F'k off Joc, Steve Watson, Sean Mcallister and then the awesome Darren Potter were much better than you that season.

We all know you give 100% and we appreciate it but im afraid that there were another 19.000 people sat paying your wages against Exeter who would put in 100% still doesn't mean we would

win any more games.

Thanks for the effort you put in but if you didn't have that work rate then you wouldn't be a footballer would you?

We need to realise that the midfield we currently have is why we are so poo , why are we pleased that we could see the same midfield next season? baffled.

To be fair - Megson has given the entire squad the opportunity to prove they are worth a contract - O'Connor has responded to this well and has actually been on good form recently.

He is a limited player but I can see him still having a role as a squad player - I expect at least one new central midfielder will come in this summer, possibly two, so I doubt we will have to endure much more O'Connor/Potter ineptitude..

The real question will be whether we can shift some of the deadwood that is actually still under contract.

The only real news is Hinds and Miller are leaving.

The other three are JUST OFFERS.

And offers we know nothing about.

For all we know he could've offered JoC a pay as you play deal. It wouldn't surprise me if he has only been offered a year.

If the terms are sh*t all three might reject them.

If Forest stay down i can see them gambling on JJ on a free.

And teams like Brighton and Donny would take a chance on Buxton.

NO ONE'S SIGNED ANYTHING YET!!!

Edited by NeonLeon

Guest 1867ScholesOwl

I'd defo keep JOC he's a totally different player since meggo turned up. Miller just goes through matches not really doing much.

JOC?

What a flipping travesty. He is flipping poo poo and we WILL NOT GET PROMOTED with him in the team.

Gutted.

Shall we compare your knowledge of and ability in the football scheme of things, to Megsons'? Are you a Manager whose Bolton team actually kept 26 clean sheets in one Premiership season? Oh no, that's Megson. Are you the only English Manager whose side has won a competitive game at Red Star Belgrade? Oh no, that's gary megson. Are you one of the few English Managers to get a positive result at Bayern Mumich? Oh no, that's gary megson. Have you managed eight clubs, getting two promotions to the Premiership, and even winning Premiership Manager of the Month, awards? Nope, it's gary megson.

He knows more about football, and footballers, than you, me or anybody else on this forum. If he thinks O'Connor can do a job for Sheffield Wednesday, then his opinion wil do for me.

The retained list makes sense to me.

Megson rates JOC, plays him often, good influence, good coaching abilities by all accounts, stays fit, gives 100% and has done well of late.

Miller was on too high a wage, injured too often and too ineffective when available.

Edited by Lincowl

Shall we compare your knowledge of and ability in the football scheme of things, to Megsons'? Are you a Manager whose Bolton team actually kept 26 clean sheets in one Premiership season? Oh no, that's Megson. Are you the only English Manager whose side has won a competitive game at Red Star Belgrade? Oh no, that's gary megson. Are you one of the few English Managers to get a positive result at Bayern Mumich? Oh no, that's gary megson. Have you managed eight clubs, getting two promotions to the Premiership, and even winning Premiership Manager of the Month, awards? Nope, it's gary megson.

He knows more about football, and footballers, than you, me or anybody else on this forum. If he thinks O'Connor can do a job for Sheffield Wednesday, then his opinion wil do for me.

Here, here!

I think the only rational solution is to close down the matchday section - stopping us mere mortal from posting our opinions on the game of football!

Edited by SiJ

Here, here!

I think the only rational solution is to close down the matchday section - stopping us mere mortal from posting our opinions on the game of football!

Our opinions? He's flippingshite, isn't exactly an opinion. I thought foruns were her for the purposes of discussing whatever topic is posted. If somebody makes a comment, is it not fair to ask them to expand on it?

Guest foreverSWFC

You are talking poo .

Joc as done ok in the last 6 games, have you watched any Wednesday games for the last 3 f'kin seasons?

The only time we have done ok while JOC as been here was his first season, when we brought in Potter and Sean McAllister did the ratting alongside him. JOC was great on the bench. :rolleyes:

Midfield is where you win and lose games, we lose more than we win, i can't put it much simpler than that.

He's poo and one of the reasons we are 15th in League One.

I don't mind keeping him around the club if he's on small wages but the thought of Joc trying to dominate midfield next season is making me ill.

Do you really think JOC will play every game next season? He is a squad player. Trust Megson, he knows more than any of us what is best.

Then lets close owlstalk then because going by that argument none of us can disagree with any one who has been paid to manage in their lives.

If I want to let my feeling known on here about one of the worst regular players we have ever had (in my opinion) I will do. I have had enough of seeing him picked week in week out and being absolute dogshit. A few half decent performances over the last month is not enough.

I don't give a flip whether you disagree or not, your opinion (in particular- I've seen your posts :rolleyes: ) means flip all to me.

Guest Big Guns

Our opinions? He's flippingshite, isn't exactly an opinion. I thought foruns were her for the purposes of discussing whatever topic is posted. If somebody makes a comment, is it not fair to ask them to expand on it?

hes poo cos hes not very good at playing football

Do we really need to go into why people don't rate JOC?

Think it has been done to death.