Retained List

You can tell alot of the people commenting on O'Connor do not attend the games.

Although you may not see it, JOC is a nasty player to play against, he is always in your face and a general nuisance to the oppositions midfield. What i have noticed the last 6 games or so, since JOC has come into the side, opposition midfielders have had far less time on the ball, and have given the ball away increasingly.

JOC offers you tremendous attitude, and willingness to win. I read a intterview with Darren Purse on OwlsOnline i think, and he also commented on his effort. JOC is not blessed with great ability and his height went against him alot in the Championship. He is an effective league one player, and he rarely misplaces a pass, which goes unnoticed by alot of the ignorant Wednesday fans.

Well done Megson, and well deserved James O' Connor. A shame about Miller though, like him, but hopefully this is a sign we are aiming for much better.

UTO

I've had a season ticket for a long time before we signed him and for all the time since he's been with us. He's a very poor player.

He is neither effective or nasty to play against as we have consistently failed in his time in the side. As for always being in the opposition's face, he's usually there by the time the play has moved on.

Look at the teams we've played and beat since his recent upturn of form - Tranmere (strugglers), Hartlepool (disinterested, awful), Swindon (less fight than Audley Harrison).

Can't doubt he's a hard worker but what good is that when it isn't effective enough? He was part of a team who failed to keep us in the Championship and has been a key part of one who has failed every time in League One that we've come up against a decent side - beaten twice by Huddersfield, twice by Southampton, failed in two games to beat Bournemouth, beaten twice by Peterborough (conceding 9 goals).

Guest JonTheOwl66

JOC is VERY highly rated in League 1/Championship and many teams identify him as a Player to be wary of. Not neccessarily in the attacking sense, (obviously) but as a player who works hard, very rarely loses the ball and does a lot of uncredited dirty work.

Quietly pleased we've offered him a deal, he's been extremely effective in a midfield with Miller, so him alongside an excellent new signing would get us top 6 easily.

I can see why fans slate him, I get frustrated at times too. But you've got to see what he does offer to the team, as well as what he doesn't. Best midfielder in League 1 for his role IMO.

Megson knows what he's doing and we will be a force next season. Stop fretting and trust in the people who work with these players every day. The players who are leaving (and will leave) are deserved of it.

Hope Buxton stays, but as I said before.. He's had offers and his reaction on Saturday showed that. JJ will stay, he loves it here.

Guest Sniper1

You can tell alot of the people commenting on O'Connor do not attend the games.

Although you may not see it, JOC is a nasty player to play against, he is always in your face and a general nuisance to the oppositions midfield. What i have noticed the last 6 games or so, since JOC has come into the side, opposition midfielders have had far less time on the ball, and have given the ball away increasingly.

JOC offers you tremendous attitude, and willingness to win. I read a intterview with Darren Purse on OwlsOnline i think, and he also commented on his effort. JOC is not blessed with great ability and his height went against him alot in the Championship. He is an effective league one player, and he rarely misplaces a pass, which goes unnoticed by alot of the ignorant Wednesday fans.

Well done Megson, and well deserved James O' Connor. A shame about Miller though, like him, but hopefully this is a sign we are aiming for much better.

UTO

You are talking poo .

Joc as done ok in the last 6 games, have you watched any Wednesday games for the last 3 f'kin seasons?

The only time we have done ok while JOC as been here was his first season, when we brought in Potter and Sean McAllister did the ratting alongside him. JOC was great on the bench. :rolleyes:

Midfield is where you win and lose games, we lose more than we win, i can't put it much simpler than that.

He's poo and one of the reasons we are 15th in League One.

I don't mind keeping him around the club if he's on small wages but the thought of Joc trying to dominate midfield next season is making me ill.

Guest Big Guns

JOC is VERY highly rated in League 1/Championship and many teams identify him as a Player to be wary of. Not neccessarily in the attacking sense, (obviously) but as a player who works hard, very rarely loses the ball and does a lot of uncredited dirty work.

Quietly pleased we've offered him a deal, he's been extremely effective in a midfield with Miller, so him alongside an excellent new signing would get us top 6 easily.

I can see why fans slate him, I get frustrated at times too. But you've got to see what he does offer to the team, as well as what he doesn't. Best midfielder in League 1 for his role IMO.

Megson knows what he's doing and we will be a force next season. Stop fretting and trust in the people who work with these players every day. The players who are leaving (and will leave) are deserved of it.

Hope Buxton stays, but as I said before.. He's had offers and his reaction on Saturday showed that. JJ will stay, he loves it here.

im sure i read on a thread the other day you wanted joc gone :ph34r::ph34r:

You are talking poo .

Joc as done ok in the last 6 games, have you watched any Wednesday games for the last 3 f'kin seasons?

The only time we have done ok while JOC as been here was his first season, when we brought in Potter and Sean McAllister did the ratting alongside him. JOC was great on the bench. :rolleyes:

Midfield is where you win and lose games, we lose more than we win, i can't put it much simpler than that.

He's poo and one of the reasons we are 15th in League One.

I don't mind keeping him around the club if he's on small wages but the thought of Joc trying to dominate midfield next season is making me ill.

My thoughts exactly.

The thought of JOC bent over double clapping to no one in particular after we concede another goal is making me feel sick.

Edited by Beholder

Guest JonTheOwl66

im sure i read on a thread the other day you wanted joc gone :ph34r::ph34r:

Probably. But at the end of the day, I just want something exciting, I've talked to scouts before about us and JOC is regularly highlighted as an excellent player. It's not coincidence, and if Megson wants him to stay then so do I.

Guest clipper6728

I trust GM to build a squad and team that will get us promoted next season. I think I'll wait and see how all this pans out before flying off the handle over a squad player who is probably fairly cheap and a midfielder who's injury prone. Trust Milan, trust Gary.

When Megson was asked about miller ,all he knew about him was that he liked the Waggon & Horses , so from that moment you knew he was out

Guest clipper6728

When Megson was asked about miller ,all he knew about him was that he liked the Waggon & Horses , so from that moment you knew he was out

Guest foreverSWFC

I've had a season ticket for a long time before we signed him and for all the time since he's been with us. He's a very poor player.

He is neither effective or nasty to play against as we have consistently failed in his time in the side. As for always being in the opposition's face, he's usually there by the time the play has moved on.

Look at the teams we've played and beat since his recent upturn of form - Tranmere (strugglers), Hartlepool (disinterested, awful), Swindon (less fight than Audley Harrison).

Can't doubt he's a hard worker but what good is that when it isn't effective enough? He was part of a team who failed to keep us in the Championship and has been a key part of one who has failed every time in League One that we've come up against a decent side - beaten twice by Huddersfield, twice by Southampton, failed in two games to beat Bournemouth, beaten twice by Peterborough (conceding 9 goals).

Arguably are best player in his first season at the club when we finished 12th.

I have my view on it, and Megson has his view on it. If Megson seems to think O'Connor is the worth another contract, we should trust his decision. For too long we have had lazy clowns who have just come here to steal a wage, and sit on the back seat. O'Connor gives his all and that is what is needed to get out of this dour league.

He really is not that bad of a player, to me he has just turned into a scapegoat for some of our fans to blame.