Retained List

Our opinions? He's flippingshite, isn't exactly an opinion. I thought foruns were her for the purposes of discussing whatever topic is posted. If somebody makes a comment, is it not fair to ask them to expand on it?

The subject of JOC has been explanded on by many people many times. ...Sometimes it is easier to be brief.

Hence....

"He is flipping poo " is fine by me.

"He is flipping poo " is fine by me.

It will suffice for me as well.

Not sure that we need a season by season analysis/pro-zone statistics for every time that someone says that a player is "a bit poo poo."

Guest TonyOwl88

JOC?

Urgh. Unbelievable.

That was my initial reaction, but as long as he took a wage cut and he isn't first choice, it might not be too bad a deal.

As I've said before, we all got carried away last season when we signed the so called "Big Names".

Clinton Morrison, Neil Mellor, Gary Teale, all big names which pleased the fans and got us excited. Look where we nearly ended up.

Its now time to trust the people in charge. If Megson thinks that JOC deserves a contract, regardless of whether he is a squad player or in the first XI everyweek, then we should back the decision.

Megson clearly knows what kind of football he wants us to play next season and he wants to mould a squad that he believes will be successfull. I would rather trust Megson and Milan to sign the right players rather than some premadonnas which appease the supporters but acheive nothing.

For all you know, he might be getting JOC working towards a coaching role within the club.

Megson hasnt been here for a single transfer window - give the man chance

Here, here!

I think the only rational solution is to close down the matchday section - stopping us mere mortal from posting our opinions on the game of football!

Obviously we know now't

But when did we ever.

Guest foreverSWFC

F'k off Joc, Steve Watson, Sean Mcallister and then the awesome Darren Potter were much better than you that season.

We all know you give 100% and we appreciate it but im afraid that there were another 19.000 people sat paying your wages against Exeter who would put in 100% still doesn't mean we would

win any more games.

Thanks for the effort you put in but if you didn't have that work rate then you wouldn't be a footballer would you?

We need to realise that the midfield we currently have is why we are so poo , why are we pleased that we could see the same midfield next season? baffled.

Grow up mate.

Stop using O'Connor as a scapegoat, he tries his hardest and is really not that bad. He does alot of work off the ball, which goes unnoticed by the ignorant fan (with no disrespect, you seem to come under that category). JOC had a good game against Exeter, kept the ball well and nearly got two top quality goals if it wasn't for two good stops from their keeper.

Also, we will not see the same midfield as last season. Hence the release of Miller, and the likely exits of Potter and possibly Coke.

Shall we compare your knowledge of and ability in the football scheme of things, to Megsons'? Are you a Manager whose Bolton team actually kept 26 clean sheets in one Premiership season? Oh no, that's Megson. Are you the only English Manager whose side has won a competitive game at Red Star Belgrade? Oh no, that's gary megson. Are you one of the few English Managers to get a positive result at Bayern Mumich? Oh no, that's gary megson. Have you managed eight clubs, getting two promotions to the Premiership, and even winning Premiership Manager of the Month, awards? Nope, it's gary megson.

He knows more about football, and footballers, than you, me or anybody else on this forum. If he thinks O'Connor can do a job for Sheffield Wednesday, then his opinion wil do for me.

This is athread where people are free to discuss the merits of players retained. Many people here disagree with Megson myself included. I don't think he is a ball winner and offers no bite in midfield. As well as that I think his limited passing doesn't offer us much either.

If you don't want debate don't come on this thread/

Lets not use the contract offer to JOC as a stick to beat Megson with regarding Miller. Miller wasn't that good.

I'm not happy that JOC has been offered a contract but as Wednesday fans we need to realise that we don't have to choose one or the other anymore.

So what if Megson wants JOC? I'm sure they'll be two players double the skill of him coming in to compliment him.

Guest Sniper1

Grow up mate.

Stop using O'Connor as a scapegoat, he tries his hardest and is really not that bad. He does alot of work off the ball, which goes unnoticed by the ignorant fan (with no disrespect, you seem to come under that category). JOC had a good game against Exeter, kept the ball well and nearly got two top quality goals if it wasn't for two good stops from their keeper.

Also, we will not see the same midfield as last season. Hence the release of Miller, and the likely exits of Potter and possibly Coke.

Im not using him as a scapegoat.

I just know he isn't a very good footballer, our midfield is and has been a disgrace for too long this fella is part of it.

From the outside JOC appears to be a leader on the pitch, he seems to talk to the other players and he struts around with a frown.

But

Having played at a decent level and using my experience to form my opinion i am suggesting that JOC is too lightweight, he's too small, he never unlocks a defence with a well weighted through ball, he's got no pace, he can't shoot and he rarely clatters anyone.

So take away the headless chicken run, what actually does he offer to our midfield?

He's non-existant most of the time and gets by-passed by any decent midfield as we have seen this season on numerous occasions against alot of other sides with so called lesser players.

He's garbage and we will not get promoted if he plays more than 20 games next season.

He's not a scapegoat, just a poor footballer along with quite a few others we have at our club.

Guest Sheff Owl

JOC just does not win the ball enough...it's ok running around the pitch chasing everyone but you also need to get your foot in a hell of a lot more than he actually does.

Guest ak15

Does anyone think that if O'Connor has a sudden upturn in form in April/May 2012, then he will be offered another extention too? Unbelievable.

Exactly, no qualms about not retaining Miller, ageing, injury prone and a high earner, makes sense to get rid, but that doesn't automatically mean we have to keep O'Connor.

Hopefully he will be offered a better contract at another club and will therefore turn ours down.

Yep. There will now be a whole range of clubs rushing in to better our offer and get their hands on our useless ginger midget thrower w@nker ballwinning headless chicken.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Hmm yes lets see, O'Connor and Potter are two of the worst midfielders ever to be seen in a Wednesday eleven.

The opposition showed all season we have nothing in central midfield as they walked through them both and banged the goals in against us.

We've been beaten by teams with 10 men, and had the p155 taken by 10 men on multiple occassions, the fault of the midfield being unable to stamp authority on the pitch.

Lets offer him a new flipping deal, what a flipping disgusting disgrace of a decision, I'm flipping going mental here.....more so than usual.

He better flipping get his act together because the aim for next season needs to be automatic.

Guest Big Guns

Im not using him as a scapegoat.

I just know he isn't a very good footballer, our midfield is and has been a disgrace for too long this fella is part of it.

From the outside JOC appears to be a leader on the pitch, he seems to talk to the other players and he struts around with a frown.

But

Having played at a decent level and using my experience to form my opinion i am suggesting that JOC is too lightweight, he's too small, he never unlocks a defence with a well weighted through ball, he's got no pace, he can't shoot and he rarely clatters anyone.

So take away the headless chicken run, what actually does he offer to our midfield?

He's non-existant most of the time and gets by-passed by any decent midfield as we have seen this season on numerous occasions against alot of other sides with so called lesser players.

He's garbage and we will not get promoted if he plays more than 20 games next season.

He's not a scapegoat, just a poor footballer along with quite a few others we have at our club.

so in a nutshell like me and almost everyone else you think hes flippingshite.

I think that the real issue is how many of the contracted players we can move on. As the three players who have been offered deals have been featuring in the team it makes sense to keep them together as something to hopefully build on.

I'm anxious to see the likes of Potter, Sedgwick, Heffernan move on at least.

In fairness, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. As far as we know megson might have 2 centre midfielders lined up and o'connor may be a mere squad player, and potter could be on the transfer list. Megson isn't stupid. He's been in the game a long time and I'm sure he knows as well as we do that the midfield needs strengthening. Let's wait and see.