Paul Walker Twitter

John Sheridan is the man for all that!

No chance, would be an absolute shocking appointment.

I've had to endure 6 Chesterfield games this season (7 when we go to Stockport in a weeks time) and with the exception of playing well at Hillsborough and a good second half against Middlesbrough, they don't play much different to the style we play (especially away) and has his favourites, who really aren't the best players for that position in the squad. Biggest wage budget in the league by a country mile too.

Think Irvine, but with a bit more success (albeit a level below and he's had 3 times as long), less concerned about the opposition and slightly more interesting to listen to.

Apparently Irvine was on the point of resigning after the Huddersfield game at Hillsborough that wet and stormy Tuesday night after a fan harangued him by the dugout.

He strikes me as a man totally obsessed with his make believe brilliance who can't take advice or criticism, has an inflated ego. I truely believe if he heard the chants of

" IRVINE OUT ! "............." IRVINE OUT ! ".........I think his pride would be so wounded he would resign.

I am in two minds whether to go tomorrow night after hearing IRVINE will still be in charge. Those shelves I need to put up are looking more inviting by the minute.

No chance, would be an absolute shocking appointment.

I've had to endure 6 Chesterfield games this season (7 when we go to Stockport in a weeks time) and with the exception of playing well at Hillsborough and a good second half against Middlesbrough, they don't play much different to the style we play (especially away) and has his favourites, who really aren't the best players for that position in the squad. Biggest wage budget in the league by a country mile too.

Think Irvine, but with a bit more success (albeit a level below and he's had 3 times as long), less concerned about the opposition and slightly more interesting to listen to.

Who would you have then?

Sean O'driscoll would be my first choice but don't think this is realistic, Hughton would be a great appointment as he has experiance and been sucessful at a big club, but again would he come to league one?

Hughton could be another one who is clearly a great coach but would ha make a great manager. obviously he did great at Newcastle but was that just a one off or could he repeat that sucess at Hillsborough?

Apparently Irvine was on the point of resigning after the Huddersfield game at Hillsborough that wet and stormy Tuesday night after a fan harangued him by the dugout.

He strikes me as a man totally obsessed with his make believe brilliance who can't take advice or criticism, has an inflated ego. I truely believe if he heard the chants of

" IRVINE OUT ! "............." IRVINE OUT ! ".........I think his pride would be so wounded he would resign.

I am in two minds whether to go tomorrow night after hearing IRVINE will still be in charge. Those shelves I need to put up are looking more inviting by the minute.

I got told this too! Robert Kelly and Billy Barr had to talk him out of it!

Who would you have then?

Sean O'driscoll would be my first choice but don't think this is realistic, Hughton would be a great appointment as he has experiance and been sucessful at a big club, but again would he come to league one?

Hughton could be another one who is clearly a great coach but would ha make a great manager. obviously he did great at Newcastle but was that just a one off or could he repeat that sucess at Hillsborough?

O'Driscoll was prepared to speak to United despite their financial problems and being in the relegation zone of the Championship. Doncaster, whilst a decent little club, will always be that - a decent little club.

Hughton was superb at Newcastle - with his hands tied behind his back. Does he have enough experience? Who knows.

I believe both managers would be interested in talking to Wednesday - regardless of the league we are in - because this job is now the potential making of a manager as we are geared up for a return to the top flight, with no more in-fighting, politics, debt, jokers steering the ship. Would they take it after talking to MM? Again, who knows.

But I'd rather be trying for these quality of managers rather than taking another lower league 'done ok' guy. Haven't we learned from this already in Danny Wilson and Chris Turner?

Strikes me we have the players capable of playing connected flowing football but they lack confidence and their heads are full of rubbish, tactics, diagrams etc.

What we need is someone who is a motivator, a kick-ass person, big on personality, in short someone who can get the players playing AS A TEAM with passion, pride and GUTS !

A typical person would be a Di Canio type. Football is a simple game really, get the ball, keep the ball, move the ball, put ball in net. If you lose the ball, get the ball, keep the ball, etc. etc.

.........repeat as necessary.

Hughton was superb at Newcastle - with his hands tied behind his back. Does he have enough experience? Who knows.

Really?! He had international players in Championship, he had Barton, Nolan etc. He didn't need to buy players and when he did he bought Leon bloody Best.

Even Irvine would have got that team promoted. Hughton is one of footballs overrated managers purely because of the way he was sacked.

Milan has money!!

Milan has charisma!!!

Milan has a vision!!!!

Milan is a winner!!

Milan is not scared to put his money where his mouth is!!!

Milan has recruited managers such as, Harry Redknapp & Sven in the past at clubs smaller than ours!!!

my choice would be Big Sam - 5yr contract, great contacts in the game, and just leave him to get on with it

GO GET SAM ALLADYCE MILAN!!!

Edited by waddleisgod

Really?! He had international players in Championship, he had Barton, Nolan etc. He didn't need to buy players and when he did he bought Leon bloody Best.

Even Irvine would have got that team promoted. Hughton is one of footballs overrated managers purely because of the way he was sacked.

He also had probably the most expensive assembled team, in wages and transfers fees, that have ever played in the second tier of a professional football league in the world.

Who would that be though, Aldridge? It's worrying if our manager isn't able to choose the players he wants, even if Irvine might've signed some rubbish.

I'm not saying he didn't chose them. MM said that he was choosing from a "shopping list of players". To me that says that Irvine has looked down a list of young talent drawn up by someone and said I wouldn't mind X, Y & Z. You only have to look at most of the players Irvine has tended towards previously (not just with us), old, past their best, high wages, no future value. These signings have been made with an eye on the long term, something that you can't really level at AI at any other time in his carreer!

Just not bothered...

Can't we put an SOS call out to the lady in the south stand who had a word of advice for Terry Yorath, such that he resigned next morning? :rolleyes:

"What got me thinking overnight is that a lady came up to me five minutes before the end of the game.

"She said to me 'Terry, you are a nice fellow but do the best thing for this club and quit'.

"Her words haunted me throughout the night and after talking about it with my family I decided the best thing for me to do would be the sensible thing and go."

WHERE IS THIS LADY?

Can't we put an SOS call out to the lady in the south stand who had a word of advice for Terry Yorath, such that he resigned next morning? :rolleyes:

WHERE IS THIS LADY?

The irony is, Yorath was doing a much better job than Irvine has done.

Out of all our recent managers Yorath was the unluckiest. During his time here, results weren't good but we absolutely battered some teams during his reign, but somehow failed to win those games. I did feel a tad sorry for him when he left.

I won't feel anything but relief when Irvine eventually leaves.

The irony is, Yorath was doing a much better job than Irvine has done.

Out of all our recent managers Yorath was the unluckiest. During his time here, results weren't good but we absolutely battered some teams during his reign, but somehow failed to win those games. I did feel a tad sorry for him when he left.

I won't feel anything but relief when Irvine eventually leaves.

Taffy did a fantastic job in his first season. Kept us up easily when we looked doomed under Shreeves, and got us to the cup semi final where we were admittedly outclassed by Blackburn. The 4-0 quarter final vs Watford was one of the best games of the last decade.

Had his 3 attacking buys worked out - Owusu, Knight, Kuqi - to compliment Sibon and Donnelly - we'd have done OK the following season as well.

^^^^ this

I wish everyone would shut up about Houghton - yeh he MIGHT make a good manager but getting the Bar Codes promoted wasn't a great achievement when you look at the squad he had.

Working on that premise - Ian Dowey is a far better manager for getting Palace up with a very mediocre squad.

^^^^ this

I wish everyone would shut up about Houghton - yeh he MIGHT make a good manager but getting the Bar Codes promoted wasn't a great achievement when you look at the squad he had.

Working on that premise - Ian Dowey is a far better manager for getting Palace up with a very mediocre squad.

Who would you want Essix given the choice?

Guest Manwithastick

I really don't understand this. When he took shadow control (before the EGM) after the Northampton FA Cup match he said he'd told Irvine 'to try not to lose too many points'. Sine then we had the awful capitulation at Carlisle in the JPT, a good win

away at Brizzle C in the FA Cup. In the league we've been awful. We've taken 4 points from 18!!! Including the 2 worst results in SWFC history - Exeter away and Leyton Orient away. Never mind not living up to our expectations, he's not living up to

Mandaric's publicly stated expectations.