Paul Walker Twitter

Can you imagine the buzz about the place if we got a new man in that wants to attack and play football and try and smash teams though? The relief and change would probably bring 3 or 4 straight wins on the bounce on itself and bump us up the table.

Surely MM knows this he's done it enough times? It's baffling me what he thinks we have to gain by putting up with him?

Only one man for the job if its attacking and flip the tactics.

LAWS

alan irvine you are the lukiest man in football nobody wants you at this club, you will be made fully aware of this tomorrow evening

DO THE RIGHT THING AND WALK

Do wednesday think that a win tomorrow night will put everything on track again.....i think not!!

i heard him (irvine) on a radio sheff sports bulletin at 11am on saturday,and by the way he was talking,you'd have thought we were playing Real Madrid and not lowly Orient,the way he was bigging them up was scandalous,who gives a poo poo about who we are playing.

Yet compare that with Sheridans after match report on P & G,where he was asked about the opposition threats etc,and basically said i'm not here to talk about the opposition ,i'm more concerned about us progressing (or words to that effect),

By letting Irvine take charge of tomorrow's game just vindicates him for the dross we've had to put up with over the last year,i don't condone it but what happens if they do Boo him tomorrow night and we do lose?,will Milan put up with another week of unrest knowing full well he's losing fans patience and dwindling crowds?

What I'd like to know is how does MM feel about getting to the end of this season and missing out on promotion, be it via automatic or the play offs? This should be the next most pressing question put to him, as dependant on his critical answer, we then get to know more about him, how he works in the present (not the past) and what he wants from SWFC exactly in the short term.

I know he wants to sell us on for a tidy profit and who can blame him, he saved us literally last month but we need to get to the bottom of the above pertinent question IMHO.

He must see "something" in AI to warrant keeping his cool at present but he did say I believe, that he wants / needed Championship footie next season did he not?

Edited by robster_owl

Yeah and he's a nice bloke too.

IMAGINE THE BUZZ

The man who led us to our best 3 finishes since relegation from the Premiership

The man who lanced the pigs in their own stadium

The man who danced down the Hillsborough touchline waving a SWFC scarf as United were smashed again by the mighty Owls.

A man from Camp Clough who has only ever shown one DVD to his players - Armageddon - because it makes him cry when Liv realises Bruce aint coming back.

Would add 10k to the gates.

Sheffield Wednesday, highest budget in the league, Milan mandaric rescuing us from the oblivion, a night match almost upon us and we're all miserable as f*ck and don't want go.

THIS is what Irvine has done to us.

Im still looking forward to it... :mellow: But then, I can be insufferably optimistic at times! (even with that, its AI out for me!)

Can you imagine the buzz about the place if we got a new man in that wants to attack and play football and try and smash teams though? The relief and change would probably bring 3 or 4 straight wins on the bounce on itself and bump us up the table.

Surely MM knows this he's done it enough times? It's baffling me what he thinks we have to gain by putting up with him?

Sheridan!!

plus he don't care about the opposition, just listen to his pre match interviews!

IMAGINE THE BUZZ

The man who danced down the Hillsborough touchline waving a SWFC scarf as United were smashed again by the mighty Owls.

A man from Camp Clough who has only ever shown one DVD to his players - Armageddon - because it makes him cry when Liv realises Bruce aint coming back.

:laugh:

IMAGINE THE BUZZ

roger :laugh:

As bad as it seems I don't think MM has much option but to stick by Irvine until the end of the season. He's already backed him with player signings and bringing in a new manager now would mean them working with players they probably would not have wanted to sign.

I still think we have a chance of going up, but am nowhere near as confident as I once was.

I think Irvine will definately be gone at the end of the season, even if we are promoted. Irvine is not a popular manager and his style of football will not drive season ticket sales. I am sure even if we get promoted MM will thank Irvine for his hard work, give him a golden handshake and then replace him with someone more charismatic.

For the rest of the season it will be fingers crossed.

UTO

FTB

What wee wees me off is that Yeovil is going to be a pretty easy game to get a win....and then Hereford...another relatively easy game.

Two wins on the bounce and then Irvine buys himself another month at least.

Aaaarggghhh it's so frustrating.

Seriously folks did we expect him to go this morning, 1 day before our next league game and 5 before an important (and must win) FA cup match. For me he has 7 days to try and persuade MM not to show him the door. Anything less than a win tomorrow and a show of Barcelona-esque football on saturday and I think that will be game over. Even the argument of "he has let him spend money" doesn't do anything for me, those signing have clearly been signed off by someone above AI who thinks they are a sound investment in any squad regardless of manager. By the end of January we will either be in the last 16 of the FA cup and climbing the league or looking for a new manager.

Who would that be though, Aldridge? It's worrying if our manager isn't able to choose the players he wants, even if Irvine might've signed some rubbish.