Chris Turner resigns

Guest Dragons_Den

He made some good signings, but couldn't get them to play. Maybe he should be a scout. That said he also signed Guy Branston, so maybe not!

I think for the money he had available he made some of the best signings I can remember Wednesday making i.e. Bullen, McGovern, Maclean, Brunt and Whelan were fantastic signings for basically peanuts.

However, Turner was also responsible for the worst signings I have ever seen Wednesday make i.e. Dean Smith, Brian Barry murphy, Ola Tidman, Kim Olsen.

I think people view the Turner signings through rose tinted spectacles. Some good and some disastrous signings about sums him up, he is no Arsene Wenger for spotting talent.

Guest Dragons_Den

Ditto

I'd rather not put up with a dozen Chris Carr's/Kim Olsen's for every player he unearths that will go on to be decent

Wednesday cannot afford to get stuck with contracts of a dozen no hopers to unearth one gem.

Mr Magoo could have that sort of hit ratio through sheer luck.

He was an excellent manager, did very well with a limited budget and made some brilliant signings in the transfer market.Some morons on here have ridicolously short memories. It was his team that got promoted and not sturrocks , yes we will hear some of you bleating about kim olsen etc but we could go down that route with every manager.

I would have him back at the club in some capacity anyday of the week.

He got us relegated and would have kept us relegated if he hadn't got the bullet. He did however get shafted when the board sold kuqi because we just didn't score enough after that. Nevertheless, not a good enough excuse for being poo .

He was an excellent manager, did very well with a limited budget and made some brilliant signings in the transfer market.Some morons on here have ridicolously short memories. It was his team that got promoted and not sturrocks , yes we will hear some of you bleating about kim olsen etc but we could go down that route with every manager.

How you can claim getting us relegated, then almost relegated again is something that an 'excellent manager' would do is beyond me.

He was given a full season in league 1 and we finished extremely close to the 4th flipping tier of English football.

If we endure a relegation battle this season, then Irvine gets the sack after a poor start next season, but we get a new manager and get promoted, will you hail Irvine's reign as excellent with brilliant signings?

CT was reponsible for possibly THE worst display I've ever seen fro a wednesday team i all the 50 years I've been watching them..away to Blackpool 2004...THE only redeeming thing about that game was that Chris Brunt gave us a glimpse of what he could be

Guest Ripley Owl

Top bloke !

A Wednesdayite

Legend

Bought some great players

Only thing that let him down was his tactical nous and his organisational skills with the team.

He would make a great director of football :biggrin: