Chris Turner resigns

I've read on here a couple of times about Turner being involved in something, never took any notice of it to be honest.

Odd he's resigned having drawn first two games and beat the pigs in the cup though.

Especially nowadays, since resignation usually means no club payout. Any reasons given?

CHRIS TURNER has resigned as director of sport at Hartlepool United.

Turner, who has effectively been operating as the club's manager, is believed to have become frustrated and disappointed with the lack of transfer activity at Victoria Park this summer.

And now, after weeks of uncertainty surrounding the club, he has acted to quit from his post, leaving first team coach Mick Wadsworth in temporary charge.

Turner has been in charge of team affairs since Danny Wilson's departure in December 2008, but now he has brought his second spell in charge of the club to an end.

Hartlepool has been the subject of constant takeover talk all summer and the saga is understood to have played a part in his decision to walk away.

Pools chairman Ken Hodcroft is yet to make a comment, but he has appointed Wadsworth in charge for this Saturday's trip to Yeovil Town.

Obviously he has not got the money but if he was involved with a group of

buisnessmen....why wouldnt we welcome it. Its not like he is going to be the

manager.

Anyway I think we are all desperate for change and clutching at straws.

Obviously he has not got the money but if he was involved with a group of

buisnessmen....why wouldnt we welcome it. Its not like he is going to be the

manager.

Anyway I think we are all desperate for change and clutching at straws.

Exactly.

He is 100% a Wednesday supporter, grew up in Stannington and would have only the best interests of the club at heart.

I would welcome him back to Hillsborough - though not as manager!

I can't remember the thread, but I'm sure someone said that someone had been looking at Hartlepool, but then realised they could get us for the same money.

And Turner hasn't definitely been mentioned once or twice by someone who was quite insistant he was part of a bid.

It was in the deleted thread. You can see the Google cache here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vMTMYZSUuhAJ:www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D133630%26st%3D120+norwegian+oil+turner+hartlepool&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk