OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED - Otsemobor agrees Wednesday deal

Good signing AI and SWFC.

Could I just ask why people chip in with comments like, "I won't judge him yet", "not sure, i'll reserve judgement", "not too impressed".

Say all that when he has scored 7 own goals and nutted a few players, not before the dude has even kicked a ball.

My initial thoughts are always one of excitement to see someone new on the blue and white (unless they are uber poo poo).

Lets get excited and take this league up the wrong 'un!

UTO!

SkySports Article

Skysports.com understands out-of-contract Southampton full-back Jon Otsemobor is attracting interest from a host of League One clubs.

Sheffield Wednesday,spacer.gif Swindon, Charlton and Plymouth are among the clubs understood to be chasing the 27-year-old.

Otsemoborspacer.gif moved to St Mary's on a free transfer from League One rivals Norwich Cityspacer.gif in January.

But he has been deemed surplus to requirements as Saints boss Alan Pardewspacer.gif seeks to overhaul his squad ahead of next term's planned promotion push.

But the former Liverpoolspacer.gif player could be lining up against Pardew's side next term, with his future set to be finalised this week.

So he's chosen us over the above... like many don't know too much about him etc but I'm willing to trust AI as with all current / further signings.

I said yesterday that I wouldnt be too dissapointed with this, hes not the best defender but it will be interesting to see how he links up on the overlap with sedgwick.

Nolan is a better defender and time will tell if we get him, but I think we need another centre back. At least Ostemobor adds a bit of pace, I think hes a player who has looked decent as in he catches the eye with is pace, but doesnt always have an end product.

Still a good player at this level.

Sedgewick was a steady signing (not quite the "brilliant" signing a lot on here were claiming , dont you just love close season optimism :biggrin: ).............................................but im not so sure about this one , hes certainly quick but whenever ive seen him his distribution has been poor and his defending has had a touch of the headless chicken about it.

I hope to god they both produce the goods for us , but im finding it hard to get enthused....................................my anger / disappointment over last season seems to be taking a lot of shaking off!

We have now gone from one quick player to two. The most I can remember in ages!

At L1 level we will be fine. He will be in the team to stretch opposition teams and act as a backstop for when we push up (AI has stated many times that he is making the pitch bigger next season - more space). Purse can do the read the game sh!te gunbum can just outrun people and muscle them off the ball.

Also if we are signing 8 players if we are to have any hope of signing a decent one who requires a fee and decent wages (such as Parkin, or Nolan) then we will have to sign some 6/10 players to balance the budget. To quote Otsemeboor 'calm down calm down' :ph34r:

Could I just point out as well. I like how AI seems to handing out 2 year contracts as opposed to the 3 years that BL would throw around like they were jelly tots.

Was going to say the same thing. If these players help us get out of the league they can be the back up players in the Championship with a year to run on their contracts.

Irvine is working things well with signings contracts so far.

This is good. There will be plenty of pace in the team now with Joe on the left bombing forward and JJ on the right. Obviously the signings of him and sedge were well thought out because they should compliment eachother very well.

Can't wait to see which strikers we sign. Turning into quite an exciting summer.

This is good. There will be plenty of pace in the team now with Joe on the left bombing forward and JJ on the right. Obviously the signings of him and sedge were well thought out because they should compliment eachother very well.

Can't wait to see which strikers we sign. Turning into quite an exciting summer.

Yeah im coming around to this League One malark.

I made comments earlier about him being a poor signing however these were just based on Norwich fans views so i guess ill wait to judge him myself.

If he's quick and has Sedgewick in front of him then it could work out extremely well.

That was one of my problems with Laws was that he always kept saying that we were close to signings. I like that AI is being quite quiet.

Laws was poor at dealing with players. The numerous times we were close with a 'Premiership' loan signing was beyond belief.

Irvine seems to have indentified the right blend of players thus far. Having a fast JJ on the left with Spurr and a quick Ostembor with Sedgwick seems to be another good combination in theory.

As mentioned earlier i am impressed with the 2 year deals too.

Not always the best, but some players just never settle at clubs.

I think I'd still rather have this guy at RB than Buxton...

ARRGGGHHHH do summat with your avatar or what ever, I have to scroll down for bloody ages to get to the end of your post. Or is it my laptop :ph34r:

Guest DonnyOwl86

Well done AI and Swfc

2 good signings hope more to come, at this rate at least we'll have a bigger squad in case of any injuries so we dont have to make rushed loan deals.

Up the Owls