OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED - Otsemobor agrees Wednesday deal

We wont be able to sign our top choice for all positions, its always going to be a balancing act, we have sedgwick for the overlap and Buxton who is better in the tackle when the need arises. But a lot of people have said we have little pace in the side other than JJ, this has now been addressed and will keep the opposition guessing.

read my mind...........a typical Irvine uninspired signing.

Hinds and Buxton can play right back anyway............we need goals ffs!

We'll Id be pretty suprised if we didnt sign a couple of strikers this summer.

We need pace too and Hinds/Buxton both run as if they are pulling a caravan.

Wonder if leeds fans were saying the sam when we could not make our mind up if a guy by the name of Cantona was good enough for us.

AI knows him from when he was at liverpool and must believe he will fit in with the way he is going to approach this season. He will be one of Irvines players in Irvines team and it does not bother me if he brings in a whole team of rjects from other clubs as long as he can get them looking anything but rejects as a team.

I Hope and think that by the time he has finnished bringing in his stated targets of experienced and mentally tuff Players who it looks will also have a bit of pride and passion, then add Purse, JJ ect plus the workrate and fitness AI will demand and other teams in this division will look around at our side at kick off, see the pace and power it contains, and simply think F**king hell.

Clean slate come August for me with all players new and old. UTO.

I have to agree entirely with the above, and whether we all have individual opinions based upon playing semi pro as a teen, playing Sunday league still with a hangover week in week out or playing via your armchair on the manager games... who gives a feck truly if a player may have not been to "one's exacting standards / matching players of our great 90's" when all's said and done, I know I don't base my future Owls allegiance on this kind of reasoning??

Remember a factual thing that happens VERY often in sports teams;

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS who play shiote for their previous team(s) under the correct tutelage... (noun

1. the function of a guardian; guardianship; care, protection, etc.
  2. teaching; instruction
  3. the condition of being under a guardian or tutor)

Apply themselves better, maybe they weren't believed to be as good by previous management but unjustly, remember it's a psychological game and all players require confidence end of and remember HOW MANY players have left us, to go on and do A LOT better with their new respective clubs... quite a lot! Also remember playing football at school, much harder to be good if somebody else in the side overpowers one's ability by their greed for example and other things like this... it does happen in professional sides and this can unsettle a player too. In other words there is a plethora of reasons why a player from outsiders looking in are not as good as expected for their previous clubs.

Therefore;

We are where we are,

We are who we are,

We have a relatively new manager,

He's now stamping his name entirely on the team sheet,

Shurrup Bickering, stating a player is a bad signing before he's even worked with the management, the other current Owls players, at our stadium and in front of us for a good number of games!!

UTO!

I have to agree entirely with the above, and whether we all have individual opinions based upon playing semi pro as a teen, playing Sunday league still with a hangover week in week out or playing via your armchair on the manager games... who gives a feck truly if a player may have not been to "one's exacting standards / matching players of our great 90's" when all's said and done, I know I don't base my future Owls allegiance on this kind of reasoning??

Remember a factual thing that happens VERY often in sports teams;

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS who play shiote for their previous team(s) under the correct tutelage... (noun

1. the function of a guardian; guardianship; care, protection, etc.
  2. teaching; instruction
  3. the condition of being under a guardian or tutor)

Apply themselves better, maybe they weren't believed to be as good by previous management but unjustly, remember it's a psychological game and all players require confidence end of and remember HOW MANY players have left us, to go on and do A LOT better with their new respective clubs... quite a lot! Also remember playing football at school, much harder to be good if somebody else in the side overpowers one's ability by their greed for example and other things like this... it does happen in professional sides and this can unsettle a player too. In other words there is a plethora of reasons why a player from outsiders looking in are not as good as expected for their previous clubs.

Therefore;

We are where we are,

We are who we are,

We have a relatively new manager,

He's now stamping his name entirely on the team sheet,

Shurrup Bickering, stating a player is a bad signing before he's even worked with the management, the other current Owls players, at our stadium and in front of us for a good number of games!!

UTO!

Agree!!!

BUT

Everyone assumes he will play full back!!!!

What if Al decides to use him as a winger & JJ up front?????????????

Just a thought!

Jon Otsemobors career stats

Liverpool

Apps 6

Goals 0

Hull City

Apps 9

Goals 3

Bolton Wanderers

Apps 1

Goals 0

Crewe Alexandra

Apps 65

Goals 1

Rotherham United

Apps 14

Goals 1

Norwich City

Apps 104

Goals 2

Southampton

Apps 19

Goals 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Jon Otsemobor.

Wonder what position he played at Hull to get 1 in 3, anyone?

The below taken from Hull City's OS;

Otsemobor Signing Completed

Posted on: Wed 17 Nov 2004 0,,10338%7E248757,00.jpgThe Tigers have completed the signing of Liverpool youngster John Otsemobor on a month's loan.

The 19-year-old defender put pen to paper this morning after manager Peter Taylor made the move to bring him to the Kingston Communications Stadium.

With Marc Joseph having picked up a worrying ankle injury and an imminent suspension for Justin Whittle, the Tigers are short of cover in the right-back department.

Otsemobor's arrival will ease the defensive situation.

He was a regular in Liverpool's U19 side during the 2001/02 season and as a reward for his excellent displays he was made part of the first-team squad last summer.

An England youth international, the Liverpool-born player made his first team debut for Liverpool when they beat Southampton 3-1 at home in the third round of the Worthington Cup earlier this season.

He is highly-rated at Anfield and boss Peter Taylor said:

"I've always thought that I would like to get John here and with Marc injured and Justin Whittle set to serve a suspension shortly it seemed like the right time to do it.

"I have some good contacts at Liverpool as Sammy Lee is a close friend of mine and was very helpful when it came to setting up a deal.

"John is a good young player who can play in a couple of positions at the back and I'm sure he'll do well for us."